Breastfeeding

Really bad bite

Just as I bragged on the Extended BF thread this week that DS never bit me it happened. Last night he sneezed and clamped down and drew blood - on both sides. It was horribly painful. I didn't even try to nurse off that side this morning or at naptime but at bedtime I tried and it was excruciating - not possible.

So that's a first for me and I'm not sure what to do. Just keep nursing 2-3 times a day off the right side only? Should I try to hand express off the left just to keep the supply up? Anything I can do to try to speed up the healing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really bad bite

• Never been there as I have never nursed that long in the past and am only at 12 weeks this time so far.

That being said, I would think that if nursing and pumping are too painful at the moment then hand expressing would be wise both for supply and engorgement.

Hopefully it will heal enough to nurse again quickly.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Sorry no real advice but this same thing just happened to me and it is excruciating pain but I still nurse on the wounded side because I don't want anything happening to my supply... Maybe you could try some nipple cream because the pain feels like when she was first born and bfing was one of the worst pains I have ever felt but soothies and creams helped relieve some pain. Hope it heals quick!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • litzo27litzo27 member

Thanks. Yeah, I put lanolin on it and hand expressed in the shower in the morning (for supply not engorgement - i don't seem to ever get engorged anymore since I nurse so little).

It still hurts a lot. There is no way I can nurse through this pain. It feels 100x worse than anything I had when either of them were newborns, even when they nursed 20 hours a day. Either I've become a wuss or I had really good nurslings :)

Now I'm freaked out he'll sneeze again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"