May 2013 Moms
Options

baby cloth sizes?

I'm resorting clothes because I'm realizing I still need a lot of things and I already need to sort through stuff ds has outgrown! I have a lot of things in sizes 0-3 and 3m then 3-6 and then 6! Here's my question: is a 3 month a 0-3 or a 3-6? Some of it looks small and some looks huge. I know it depends on the brand but almost all of it in the 3m or 6m is all carters and still looks like it varies! Anyway tia!!!!!
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: baby cloth sizes?

• Options
    motangmotang member
    For Carters stuff, if it says 3 months it's 0-3 and if it says 6 months it's 3-6. Have fun sorting. I need to do that too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can't really find a method to the baby clothes size madness. DD is a "big baby" who seems to still just fit in newborns. However there's some stuff she fits in perfectly that's 3 months and other stuff that it looks like I bought for months from now. I just sorta eyeball it. We didn't get/buy a lot of newborn stuff so she's in a lot of clothes that are a touch too big.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always put the 3m with the 0-3 and 6m with 3-6.  I don't know if it is accurate, but my thinking is if it is with the smaller stuff and it is too big, I can just move it to the bigger pile.  If it's in with the bigger stuff and ends up being too small, LO will never be able to wear it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemotang:
    For Carters stuff, if it says 3 months it's 0-3 and if it says 6 months it's 3-6. Have fun sorting. I need to do that too! 

Ditto. I learned this the hard way with my oldest.  She ended up with a lot of clothes she could not use. 

• Options
    Good question. The sizing is very confusing and stuff varies so much from brand to brand. I know that there will be stuff he never wears because I overlook it and he will outgrow it.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageJune18Bride05:

imagemotang:
    For Carters stuff, if it says 3 months it's 0 to 3 and if it says 6 months it's 3-6. Have fun sorting. I need to do that too! 

Ditto. I learned this the hard way with my oldest.  She ended up with a lot of clothes she could not use. 

This. Also don't take tags off of anything until you need it. My oldest went from a 0 to 3 to a 6 to 9 month size in 2 weeks, granted he was almost 5 months old. We had a ton of 3 to 6 month clothes he never wore that I had already washed.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"