May 2013 Moms
Options

Spit Up

My LO is almost 6 weeks old and we are having a spit up problem. It doesn't happen after every feed but when it does, it is A LOT of spit up. It is like a gush coming from her mouth. I burp in between breasts and that sometimes helps but she doesn't always burp. She has the right amount of BM and wet diapers in a day and doesn't seem bothered by the spit when it happens. It is more messy than anything. Any suggestions or tips? Should I be more worried?

Re: Spit Up

• Options
    Make sure she burps in between each breast.  You can also burp her about halfway through each breast if needed.  It's worth mentioning to the ped too because it could be reflux or something else causing her to puke that much.
  • Options
    My LO spits up after every feeding at least once. I burp him between breasts when I nurse him and after each ounce when he gets a bottle. His pedi said to make sure I keep him at a 45 degree angle for 30 to 45 minutes after every feeding so maybe you could try that if you aren't already? He's also now on Zantac because it seems to be a reflux problem and he has had some problems putting on weight.

Edit: he's 4 weeks old
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In was told if it is more than an ounce you should contact a doctor, if its a small amount nothing to worry about. But if it continues I would maybe call anyway to put your mind at ease!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our LO is 2 weeks and has started spitting up. I think he is drinking faster than he can swallow. I mentioned it to the pedi who wasn't concerned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options

My oldest was a world class spitter upper, so much that we would both have to change clothes after just about every feeding.  Her pediatrician would let us come in for random weight checks, just to ease my mind.  Our problem ended up being a combination of a plentiful supply & forceful letdown.  She was taking in too much for her stomach to hold, and the excess would come back up. 

I would definitely suggest talking to your dr about it, always trust your gut!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"