Blended Families
Options

Non BF and totally random

I was reading the background to the song and book Free to Be You and Me which was started by Marlo Thomas. It made me wonder who will be the great philanthropists from our generations. It is hard to think of it when the people are still young and often get negative comments now a days because of the Internet and all. I know we are of varying ages but do you think there are famous people today of our generations that have the same greatness as previous generations?
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Non BF and totally random

• Options
    As unlikely as it probably is, I hope that it's those who have made their money while contributing nothing to the world. Aka the reality celebs like the Kardashains.
  • Options
    es6es6 member
    I hope that there will be. I have faith looking at how bright my kids are.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagexmaryrickx:
    As unlikely as it probably is, I hope that it's those who have made their money while contributing nothing to the world. Aka the reality celebs like the Kardashains.

We will see I guess especially since having kids and money does make some people want to make the world better. When I was talking to DH last night I said that I guess Leonardo Decaprio does his thing for the environment and Angelina Jolie does a ton for kids even if she seems weird I do think it is out of genuine concern.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    I was thinking along similar lines....who will be the Rachel Carsons or John Muirs?  I think the media saturation we now expeience makes it harder instead of easier for there to be "big names" outside of celebrities.  In general, and not specific to environmentalists or philanthopists or anything else.  It's like there is tooooo much information out there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"