1st Trimester
Options

Maternity Bathing Suit

Hi there! :

I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant but will
be close to 20 weeks when we head to the beach in August. Since they stop selling swimsuits in like a week make way for backpacks and lunch boxes! I am curious if I should buy a Maternity Bathing Suit, just in case?!

Opinions or personal experiences with being pregnant at the beach are appreciated!
Megan J.
Wife - 10.20.12 / Expecting - 05.20.13 / Mommy - 01.14.14

Re: Maternity Bathing Suit

• Options
    I am 9 weeks and 4 days along and I will be right at 20 weeks when we take our family vacation to some water and I'm most definatly getting me a regular swim suit might even be a 2 piece lol but seriously. I say show it off if your a proud mom.
  • Options
    I went to the beach at 20 weeks during my last pregnancy, and split my time in a regular old two piece and a maternity tankini. 
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rlyttlerlyttle member
    At 20 weeks I wasn't big enough to fill out a maternity suit. I would let my belly hang out at that point. But if you will be uncomfortable go ahead and get one. I bought mine from motherhood. 
  • Options

I love maternity tankinis.  It depends on what you like to wear normally.  If you see any good sales, pick up a couple in different sizes if you like to wear them.

• Options
    Last time I was pregnant I bought the cutest tankini top at motherhood maternity and a cute skirt bottom at target to match for cheap! It was so cute I wanted to wear it even thought I want pregnant! Can't wait to wear it this summer
  • Options
    imageLokiTTGP:

I love maternity tankinis.  It depends on what you like to wear normally.  If you see any good sales, pick up a couple in different sizes if you like to wear them.

LOKI. it's nice to see you 'round these parts!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    I just bought a maternity suit online today after reading this post/trail! I'll be 20ish weeks when I head to the beach in August and didn't even think about stores not selling suits soon! Better to be safe than sorry! 
  • Options
    Same for us - we're going to San Diego in September and I'll be about 20 weeks then. I bought a tankini top at Motherhood and plan on wearing a plain blank bikini bottom with it. The tankini tops there are really long and cover most of my butt - so if it slips a little bit I don't care :)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"