Working Moms

Following up?

I had two very promising (or so I thought) interviews early last week and they both said I'd hear from them by the end of the week.  It is now NEXT week and I haven't heard anything :(  Is it ok to follow up, at least to see if the position has been filled or does that seem stalkerish?  And if so, how do I word it?  (I was going to send an email)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Following up?

• wedseptwedsept member
    I wouldn't.  They are either going to give the job to you or not.  Contacting them could only hurt (not help) you.  Just wait it out.
  • if you didnt think a thank you note highlighting your skills one more time and how interested you are I'd do it now. But if you already did then just wait it out
  • Loading the player...
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

imagewedsept:
    I wouldn't.  They are either going to give the job to you or not.  Contacting them could only hurt (not help) you.  Just wait it out.

Really? I always follow up even if it's to get closure.

OP a simple note, but I would send the middle of next week since this was a holiday week-I am following up on the status of x position. After the May xx interview I am confident I have the skills necessary to get the job done. I am eager to work for your company. Please let me know if a decision has been made regarding the position or if additional information is necessary on my part.

or thank you for considering me for x position with x company. I am following up on the status of the position.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would definatly follow up. I have actually gotten a job that somebody was more qualified for because I called to follow up after the date they told me they would call me back and the other person did not. Also as someone who helps with the hiring process with my fathers business is always looks good to us when someone calls to follow up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nala37Nala37 member
    You should follow up.  I was in the same position a couple of weeks ago and sent a follow up email.  They called me the same day, asked me to come in for a second interview and ended up getting the job.  Locarb also gave me advice on the wording, which was really helpful because I felt everything I wrote was awkward or sounded impatient.  I think it ended up saying "I'm writing to follow up on the xxx position at xxx.  I'm very excited about the opportunity and feel I would be a great fit for the firm.  Has xxx had a chance to review the candidates for the position?"   Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"