February 2012 Moms

(NBR) Vent/wwyd?

Okay... so, this Chrsitmas I got H a gift certificate for a custom cut suit and two custom cut shirts from this great local mens clothing store.  My mom and MIL went in on it... the total package was over $1K. So... this was a big deal.

We went at the end of January to get H's measurements and for him to pick out the details fo the suit.  We were told then it would take 6-8 weeks for the suit to come in.  We were called yesterday (which is 4 MONTHS) that it was in.  And the shirts still aren't in, because as he told us today, he doesn't do enough business with the company for them to take his order's as priority....

But, the jacket is just...  it's awful.  The color is great, but the jacket is just cut wrong (chest, shoulders, length, everything) and the vest is way too short...  it looks bad. It's unsalvagable.

If we have them rebuild a jacket, the dye-lot of the fabric wont' match the pants.  I'm really quite sure he's going to tell us that it was H's decisions as to how the suit is cut, but I am positive they are not... I was there when the decisions were made.

It was too much money to just say "F" it and be unhappy... But, the business owner has been difficult to deal with ever since we went in for measurments (H has had many good experiences with him over the years before this).

I guess I'm just venting, but.... WWYD?  Would you go along when he takes the suit back to the guy?  H is a big boy and can handle it himself, but, i'm just so PISSED! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (NBR) Vent/wwyd?

• I would NEVER stand for something like this!  I would definitely make them re-cut the suit to my liking.  For the amount you're spending, you should get what you want and the business should want you to be satisfied so that you might come back and buy another one.  Have you mentioned anything about it to the owner yet?  

I would use the threat of social media as my argument.  You'd be surprised at how quickly businesses get scared if you threaten to write bad reviews on Yelp, Facebook, etc.  GL!!  What a crappy situation! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • H is a great negotiator (and a VP of human resources, so working with people is his thing) and I am completely non confrontational.  So... ha, there's that.

This guy both runs and owns the shop, he is the only employee (for custom suits, he takes the measurements and sends them to company, he gets the suit, measures and pins for alterations, and has a tailor)... so there is no one "higher" than him'!  UGH!  He is obviously facing financial hardships with the business and had moved to a location in the past year that seemed to really kill his business, so he is moving it again.  The one day DH went in there and was pretty positive the guy was drunk.....  He's been making excuses for months and when H asks for something telling him, "Oh you don't want that" or saying "You want things this way."  So, all in all, I am just disappointed and hoping he doesn't give us a hard time.  :/ 

I am just so bummed because it was really hard to save up the money to do this and I was SO excited about it and H was thrilled with this prospect, but now... ugh.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • $1000, I'd be raising all kinds of HELL!!!!!!!!  That's a lot of money to spend and not have what/how/when things were supposed to be.  4 months for a suit, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  And the shirts still aren't in.  Uhhhh, I'd be getting a whole new suit, fit/cut/tailored to my liking, my shirts in a week, or my money back (in FULL)!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"