Pregnant after a Loss

I don't feel pregnant

I know this is a common concern among newly pregnant women, but...I really don't feel pregnant. This is in contrast to almost immediate symptoms when I was pregnant with my son, as well as with my very early losses.I am only at 5 weeks, 1 day (fingers crossed), and my betas were good. Please tell me I'm not alone with this not feeling pregnant business.

To top it off, my RE is bringing me in for a 5 week ultrasound (I guess this is routine in his clinic to rule out ectopics), at which time I suspect he will see next to nothing given how early things are, which will only increase my anxiety. 

Just venting...this was so much easier the first time around when I took it all for granted.  

Re: I don't feel pregnant

• I didn't feel much at 5 weeks, but at 6 weeks, oh boy! So things can change really quickly.

If you don't want to do the early ultrasound, don't do it. Unless you have a history of ectopic or symptoms thereof, in which case, you should. Wait until 7 weeks when you will see the heartbeat if you want.

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I felt pretty much nothing (a little tired and hungry, but I had an hcg trigger shot) until 6 weeks, when I got slightly queasy. At 6.5, I threw up in the car on the way to our first u/s.  ;)  So, don't worry.  Just enjoy feeling good while you can!

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't feel pregnant until 6 weeks and then I didn't feel pregnant again for my whole 9th week (cue freak out) I had an u/s at 10w1d and I have a very healthy LO in there and now the symptoms are starting to come back again. Hang in there. (((hugs))) 

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• You are not alone. I had a few symptoms and then they went away - which totally made me anxious.  I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I woke-up this morning with MS - but I'm still worried.  With my DD - I didn't have hardly any symptoms until about 8 weeks.  So every pregnancy really is different. ((HUGS))
  • I'm only 4 weeks today and I've got nothing so I'm right there with you. Keep your head up!

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• HullGutHullGut member
    I have a few off and on but not much. I am exhausted though and nauseous off and on. But not all the time. I think mine showed up in 7 weeks with my last pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• Give it a week or two, you'll feel it soon, mobile smile. I know a woman who is 5 months pregnant and has never had a symptom the entire time and had a healthy baby girl growing in there. I know the pgal brain is hard to overcome, hugs!
  • I'm the same way. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, and besides a bout of nausea, I haven't had any of the other symptoms I had with DS and our angel. I'm trying to not freak out, since my u/s isn't for another 1.5 weeks. PgAL brain is definitely hard to overcome, but as others said, every pregnancy is different! *hugs*
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I still don't feel pregnant and few symptoms last time too...It is SO hard, I know, but try to stay positive. :)  I worry daily too!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• KMW08KMW08 member
    I haven't had anything and I'm 7wks and us was great yesterday.

My symptoms are crying, loss of appetite, my nipples every great once in a while hurt, and every so often I feel a bit nauseated.

Being asymptomatic definitely brings a whole new level to the pgal brain.

::hugs::

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"