December 2012 Moms
Options

Sitting/Crawling Question (for STMs+)

Anyone have a LO that crawled before they consistently sat unsupported?

DD has been scooting backward for a week or two, and is now pushing up on her knees - but no crawling quite yet.  She sits up fine when I put her on the floor if she has her hands to lean on, but she constantly tries to lay down and flip back on her belly.  She isn't the slightest bit interested in sitting on the floor to play!

I feel like she's going to crawl before she sits.  I know every baby is different in gross motor skills - just curious if these two skills are commonly achieved out of "normal" order? 

Re: Sitting/Crawling Question (for STMs+)

• Options

Mine literally just crawled, a good two feet, and she can't sit up on her own yet. She'll sit sometimes if I set her in the position. But from what I recall with DD1, she didn't learn how to get into a sitting position and hold herself for a long time until she started practicing crawling.

I say every baby is different, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    DD started crawling for real a week ago. Today was the first time she sat unsupported for longer than 30 to 60 seconds. She sat for at least 10 min.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageminervacullen:
    DD started crawling for real a week ago. Today was the first time she sat unsupported for longer than 30 to 60 seconds. She sat for at least 10 min.

Wow your LO is way ahead of the curve.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    aander6aander6 member
    My DD is only sitting for a few seconds before falling over and no real signs of crawling yet. Now I feel like she is behind. 
     image image
  • Options

imageaander6:
    My DD is only sitting for a few seconds before falling over and no real signs of crawling yet. Now I feel like she is behind. 

She's not behind!  My LO will be 6 months old on Sunday, so she's almost a month older than yours :) 

• Options
    aander6aander6 member
    imagekjsmith9:

imageaander6:

She's not behind!  My LO will be 6 months old on Sunday, so she's almost a month older than yours :) 

Very true! Being so late in the month I need to remind myself that sometimes when I am reading posts on this board. It is so crazy what a huge difference a few weeks can make!  

image image
  • Options
    My LO is almost 6 months. She can sit up on her own just fine, but is no where near crawling! She gets on her tummy and flips over immediately... She doesn't even push up on her arms really :/
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My last one full-on crawled at 5 months - since he was born 3 1/2 wks early, he was REALLY an early crawler. He didn't sit well unsupported until 6 mo, and was pulling up on things shortly after that. Most of mine have sat 5-6 mo, crawled around 8 mo, and pulled up around 8-9 mo.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO is not even rolling yet, she will just roll to her side and back and forth. Yesterday I discovered she can sit up pretty well on her own, when I put her in the right position. She sat for a good five min in the middle of my bed before she tipped over. So who knows if she will ever roll!! I'm not to concerned she is doing everything else she should be doing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"