Baby Showers

Large Items for Registry?

mobile bump users: Large Items for Registry?

I have registered for what I thought we needed. I registered for a lot of little items, but it seems people are buying only the larger items.

My first shower is June 15th (friends and family). My work has talked about doing a shower and my MIL is doing a shower when the baby is one or two months old.

So I still need to have some options on there for people.

DH and I have the following purchased:

Crib and conversion kits (my mom bought)

Changing table

Rocking chair

Side table and lamp 

So we are set for furniture (I don't think anything more will fit!)

I registered for the following more expensive items, which people have purchased (with three weeks still till the first shower):

cradle and swing - $159

mattress - $149

high chair - $139

pack n play - $69

infant car seat - $129

Leaving only the following large items:

convertible car seat $219 

stroller - $199 (which MIL said she would like to purchase)

baby monitor - $119

baby carrier - $115

Any ideas for any big items I may be missing?

I want to be able to have a variety of prices on there for people (in case they want to go in on something together). I did not register for clothing (figuring people would buy it anyway and a couple friends have given me used clothing). It is the first granbaby on both sides, so I know family is excited.  

smaller items I have registered for: diaper pail, humidifier, play mat, car seat adapter, diaper bag, bottles, changing pad, changing pad cover, bath tub, hooded towels, diapers (so people know we are using disposable), nursing cover, sound machine, sheets, sleep sack, swaddles, mirror, health kit, bibs, car shade, thermometer, pacifiers, books, crib mattress covers, bath supplies (soaps, etc), sippie cups, hangers, night light, snack containers, teething rings, paci grips, sippie grips, spoons, bottle cleaners,  

I have already been given (used): breastfriend, boppy pillow, bumbo.  

Any help would be appreciated! 

Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017

Re: Large Items for Registry?

• At some point people actually are going to stop buying the expensive stuff.  And there is a good chance it's a few groups of people buying these things.  You still have a few things left - I wouldn't put MORE expensvie stuff on.  If someone wants to spend $$$ on you and there isn't anything - they'll buy a lot of the less expensive stuff or give you a GC.

I really woudln't overthink it, to be honest.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:

At some point people actually are going to stop buying the expensive stuff.  And there is a good chance it's a few groups of people buying these things.  You still have a few things left - I wouldn't put MORE expensvie stuff on.  If someone wants to spend $$$ on you and there isn't anything - they'll buy a lot of the less expensive stuff or give you a GC.

I really woudln't overthink it, to be honest.

thank you! I just want to make sure there isn't something I am missing that I should have added.  

Anniversary

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

• Loading the player...
  • Activity mat, exersaucer, walker. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • We put a safety gate for our stairs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerpalen29:
    Activity mat, exersaucer, walker. 

thank you!

I registered for the mat, but I will look into the other two items.

I have already gotten grief from a couple people for not registering for furniture. I guess they waned the option to purchase it? I don't know. 

The truth is, that DH and I aren't really sharing my diagnosis with friends/family, but I am high risk and will be induced around 39 weeks (at least that is the current plan). Also, due to my condition, I can't do a whole lot, so I need to get the nursery done sooner rather than later. 

Anniversary

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

• Jumper or walker
    The bedding is usually expensive
    Breast pump
    Something to sleep the baby in by your bed like a rock n play

If that's all you need then don't registry for other things. That's great people are getting the big stuff!!
  • Meery82Meery82 member

imageprovwife:
    Jumper or walker The bedding is usually expensive Breast pump Something to sleep the baby in by your bed like a rock n play If that's all you need then don't registry for other things. That's great people are getting the big stuff!!

yes, my first thought was a rock n play! It was a lifesaver!! Also, baby bottles and drying rack? They aren't really big items, but if you register for a dr browns set or something similar, they cost around $50. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i put everything that i wanted even big pricey items. if i dont receive the pricey items its ok. i will buy most likely with whatever gift cards i will receive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"