Toddlers: 24 Months+

Netflix drops Nick Jr?

Ouch, I don't imagine this will go over well with parents of toddlers. Can anyone confirm this? All of my sons favorite shows are gone as of today - Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, Blues Clues... what a huge bummer!

Re: Netflix drops Nick Jr?

• I thought I heard that it was a glitch and they were working on it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think Netflix lost a contract. I am pretty sure that YGG is gone, at least for awhile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They lost the contact for Nick Jr. shows. They could certainly renew it, but for now, they're gone.

We got a Roku and we're streaming our favorites through Prime video now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my goodness, you should have heard the cries of 'Dora! I want Dora!' at my house this morning.
  • It's a contract thing, not a glitch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will be cancelling Netflix if they don't get it back within a few days.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• OMG!!!  Is that why I couldn't find WonderPets?
  • The one main show my DS watched was. The backyardigans. And now its not there... I tried to contact Netflix but still no reply... 
  • I was so relieved I had a Dora and YGG DVD on hand, because that is the one show she watches when she wakes up. I am seriously considering dropping Netflix and and exploring other options. Sounds silly when I say it out loud, but when I am using it every day for an hour, its a pain when its not there.

• FYI - Amazon Prime video includes all the Nick Jr. content that was on Netflix and it's pretty cheap. We already have Prime for the free 2-day shipping but I believe an annual membership is about $80.

• EDWHIPEDWHIP member

imageBluEyedGrrl:
    Ouch, I don't imagine this will go over well with parents of toddlers. Can anyone confirm this? All of my sons favorite shows are gone as of today - Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, Blues Clues... what a huge bummer!

We noticed YGG was gone, but own some episodes on DVD.  DD loves a show on netflix called PINGU.  Try it next time! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Agree with the PPs, it's a contract thing and from what I hear they're going to run into more shows being dropped. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagechardonnay24:

FYI - Amazon Prime video includes all the Nick Jr. content that was on Netflix and it's pretty cheap. We already have Prime for the free 2-day shipping but I believe an annual membership is about $80.

Ack!  I am so glad I saw this!  DD has been requesting Dora for about a week now (we used to watch it while eating breakfast on Netflix) and we are already Amazon Prime members!  Now I just have to figure out how to play it.... hmmm... THANKS! 

DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"