Baby Showers
Options

Gift receipts and returns question...

Ok, Im going to make this as short as possible. I have a grandma that I rarely speak to, as she is a bitter woman who thinks that she does no wrong and treats my Mom horribly. I have never had a relationship with her, as she is the type who thinks you can "buy" a relationship vs being an actual loving and caring family member. My whole life, she has bought things for people that she likes, never taking into consideration what they may like. She lives 5 hours from me, I havent spoken to her in years, and now that I am having the first great grandchild, she has found something that she now finds worth having a "relationship" for. Regardless of the fact that she was barely a grandparent to me. Needless to say, she has just sent us a box of "fun items" for the baby and while I am grateful, these things are just...awful. Most of them, anyways. Totally NMS, which doesn't surprise me considering she has never taken the time to get to know me, especially as an adult. She's just trying to buy a relationship thinking she deserves the great grandma title, which she doesn't...She included a gift receipt from Osh Kosh, but we aren't even close to one at ALL. Is there any way to return them, or am I out of luck? I obviously have no guilt issues about returning them, I just dont know how! Pardon the semirant about her, I just felt the need to explain why I am so unapologetic about returning these so quickly...

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift receipts and returns question...

• Options
    atcwagatcwag member

I suppose you could call Osh-Kosh and see if there is a way to do return-by-mail.  I would explain that you don't have a store near you and see what they have to say.

I understand your feelings, but most people buy baby items that they like.  I can't imagine that there is that much difference in baby items to really take your personal style into account.  Maybe they are things she thought were cute...

Regardless of your feelings towards her, I would make sure that you send a nice thank-you card.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yes, I actually already sent her the card today. I am pretty anal about getting thank you cards out as soon as possible...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you can't return them, and you don't want them, you could sell them to a consignment shop or you could donate them to a women's shelter. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    imagecinderin:
    If you can't return them, and you don't want them, you could sell them to a consignment shop or you could donate them to a women's shelter.nbsp;

That's a great idea, thank you! I would feel better donating them to someone who could use them and truly needs them. The money or store credit isn't important to me, so that is a wonderful solution that I never thought of.

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    Kohl's sells some Oshkosh. You could see if they will take it if you have one near you. Otherwise, I'd call Oshkosh and see what they say.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"