High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

help -suggestions on getting 17p quicker

hi- all new to board, I had a preemie at 27wk after going into labor at 26 weeks -and being in hospital little guy just wouldn't stay> they don't know why it happened -he is a healthy 2.8yr old but receives a lot of therapy. I am pregnant again 14wks they always said I should be on 17p shots. 

The very annoying thing went to Dr last week for normal scan and the nurse who handles 17p was out so I went yesterday and she said the paper work between the insurance and the manufacturer to get approved takes 4wks!! but she said yes we would like you to start in 2wks so now I am very stressed and frustrated. how can it take that long? and what can I do to get it by 16weeks any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: help -suggestions on getting 17p quicker

• Options
    imagewulawwustl:

hi- all new to board, I had a preemie at 27wk after going into labor at 26 weeks -and being in hospital little guy just wouldn't stay> they don't know why it happened -he is a healthy 2.8yr old but receives a lot of therapy. I am pregnant again 14wks they always said I should be on 17p shots. 

The very annoying thing went to Dr last week for normal scan and the nurse who handles 17p was out so I went yesterday and she said the paper work between the insurance and the manufacturer to get approved takes 4wks!! but she said yes we would like you to start in 2wks so now I am very stressed and frustrated. how can it take that long? and what can I do to get it by 16weeks any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry i have not advice but i am also interested in knowing how to get it quicker. I am also 14wks loss my son at 21 due to incompetent cervix but starting 16wks i have to start 17p. I really dont know how it works. I am curious if they can start woman off on the vaginal one till the shots come in? 

• Options
    Can you pay OOP for the first vial and submit a claim once all the forms are through?  I assume by "manufacterer" she means compounding pharmacy and not the makers of makena, so I would ask for the pharmacy number and contact them yourself.  Sometimes nurses know their stuff, other times they don't.   I currently get my p17 from a local compounder....I call them a few days before I need, go pick it up...then submit a claim to insurance.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice on your question but I didn't start my shots until 19 weeks.  I'm now 26 weeks and everything is fine. 
  • Options
    HomcrnHomcrn member
    Ive been on the injections since 14w im just about 20 now. The medication comes through a compounding pharmacy. When i first spoke with them, they said that they do not bill insurance. I have to pay out of pocket to have it sent to me. I thought it would cost much more but it was only 70 dollars including the syringes and shipping. That was for a month supply. They suggested then filling out a claim reinbursment form. I did not because i have a high deductable plan and know until i meet it, they wont reinburse for anything. Just remember you can call some componding pharmacies and do price comparisons and have your script transferred if you want. Once they call the script in, it should only take a couple of days to fill and ship to you, if you pay out of pocket. Good luck! 
    photo 23ec1769-9465-4556-8a33-a6e8dd4b13c4_zps7980b218.jpgphoto 1cf950a4-0ed6-4082-9ae5-b4dd338f363d_zps7bdda6cc.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

thank you for your suggestions I know there is a pharmacy near me that does it I will try to get script from doctor .

• Options
    When I was getting them they came from a compunding pharmacy and it was all out of pocket as my insurance doesnt cover meds from compounding pharmacy but I only paid 55 per 5 week vial and I got my shots weekly at the dr office so that part was covered by insurance.

The shots made my backside itch at injection site and a few of them hurt but that is all fading into distant memory as ds is now 12 weeks old.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"