Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Misoprostol

Anybody taken this? Can you tell me what to expect? I'm about to take my first pill but am nervous!

Re: Misoprostol

• Options

I have taken it. It was not painful at all. It worked immediately for me, and I bled heavily and passed everything within the first few hours with minimal cramping, no worse than period cramps. I continued to bleed for a couple of days afterward, but not heavily. It was nothing like what the nurse practitioner warned me to expect! I think they have to warn you of the worst-case possibility. 

Good luck, and hugs! I hope you have someone with you to share a glass of wine and watch a girlie movie, or something, while you're going through this.  

• Options
    imageCurlieWhirlie:
    I have taken it. It was not painful at all. It worked immediately for me, and I bled heavily and passed everything within the first few hours with minimal cramping, no worse than period cramps. I continued to bleed for a couple of days afterward, but not heavily. It was nothing like what the nurse practitioner warned me to expect! I think they have to warn you of the worstcase possibility.nbsp;Good luck, and hugs! I hope you have someone with you to share a glass of wine and watch a girlie movie, or something, while you're going through this. nbsp;

Thanks! I am hoping that mine goes as well as yours. I hate this and can't bring myself to take the pill. I have some loratab on hand and some vodka! My husband is here and ready for the worse!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jengal2Jengal2 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss and that you have to go through this. The experience varies between women. I had to use it two weeks ago when I was 11w2d. I started by taking a painkiller prescribed by my doctor, and then I inserted four misoprostal tablets into my vagina some women are told to take them by mouth. About an hour later I started cramping, and I took another painkiller, as instructed by my doctor it helps to spread the pain meds out. For me, it took about threeandahalf hours for the bleeding to start some women start faster than that. The bleeding as very heavy, and I passed a lot of very large clots and tissue. The cramping was intense, and I did need to take more painkillers during the process. I bled for about five hours until I passed what I'm assuming was the gestational sac, and then the bleeding slowed to light period like bleeding. For most of the five hours I sat on the toilet, but was able to get up and walk around for a few minutes occasionally. I tried lying down but the bleeding was too heavy to do so for very long I had to put a towel down on the bed under me. After the bleeding slowed the cramping stopped as well. For me, I didn't end up passing everything. Two days after taking miso I started bleeding moderately again and passing more small clots. This continued for four days until I passed another big piece of "tissue". Once that happened I only spotted for about four or five more days.

Like I said before, the experience is different between women, and for some it doesn't work at all. Overall I don't think the experience was that bad. It was long and exhausting, but not overly terrible ignoring, of course, the reason for having to go through it. Good luck to you. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    Thanks! I just took my first pill, and take the next one in 12 hours. I only have two and I hope to God it works and I'm finally able to put this behind me. I also go hydrocodone... Which I already took and will continue to take. I have two sacs, so I'm expecting a lot of clotting and tissue to pass. I'm hoping to be done with this by Sunday. If I'm too bad off in the morning, I'll go to the hospital...hopefully I won't have to!
  • Options
    imageninthgirl:
    Do you know what the concentration or whatever it is of your pill is? 200 mcg? I am very petite and one dose for me was 600 mcg 3 pills. Many women take 4. I hope the 1 whatever it's size works for you.Also I hope you'll have someone with you the whole time. I didn't end up needing it, but I was glad I did anyway.nbsp;FX that it goes as smoothly as it can for you. Keep us updated please.nbsp;

It's only 200 mcg and I am not petite at all! I have to take another one in 12 hours... But that's only 400 mcg and Now I'm nervous that its not enough!! Ugh! This really does suck!
  • Options
    I lurked here a couple times, since I have to start my miso tomorrow.  I have been very curious but haven't had the nerve to ask.  I hope it goes smoothly for you. Prayers for you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"