February 2013 Moms
Options

Update

Late Tuesday night I posted needing guidance on a situation that drew suspicion and received some pretty good advice to consider and it gave me direction in steps to take. For the record I do know this family's name, I have tried to talk to this woman before all this came up and I have also gone to dinner with them in a larger group. I'm a lot younger than she is and I think thatay be why she wasn't as open with me. Anyways..

I attempted to contact my pastor who was not available yesterday I really didn't want to put it off another day so I called my mom, who i a social worker, and told her my concerns. Apparently she has been trying to help thes people for a couple weeks now. She contacted the lady and got her to talk to her. I had really hoped I was wrong but she was in fact being abused by her husband. My mom would not tell me much since this is someones personal life but she did say the proper people are involved and they moved the 3yo girl to safety with her grandparents and now they are getting help for Her mom. There will be an investigation on this man and for those concerned about his job, he doesn't have one, his wife supports their family. This was an experience I hope to not go through again it was a battle with my instincts and my head. I would like to go on with life pretending there is no such thing as abuse and it isn't happening around me but the ugly truth is it happens all around us. I know now to be vigilant and keep my eyes open!

Thanks again ladies if it weren't for you I might not have had the courage to follow my gut and do or say anything.

Re: Update

• Options

Yes  I'm glad you followed through.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm glad it's getting resolved, and I hope both mom and daughter can be safe, together soon!

So sad... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You did the right thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    Way to go! That took great courage. You just saved 2 lives.

Oh gosh that made me tear up hadn't thought of it that way! Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm glad it's being taken care of. Good job.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I'm so glad to hear you took it to someone and people are working on getting the family help. It's never wrong to say something and could save lives. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you listened to your gut.  You did the right thing.

• Options
    As unfortunate as the situation is, I bet it means something to her that people do care. Hope she gets the help she needs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are a wonderful person to have handled it this way. I hate that you had to be right, but at least this poor woman and her baby will hopefully have the chance to be safe now. You did the right thing. As a former victim of domestic violence I really applaud you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"