Stay at Home Moms
Options

Annoying MIL

So my MIL is coming back from living in another state & she called me to tell me that she will be coming to help me several times a week(didnt ask but told)!

My babies are almost 2mths old & I don't want my MIL coming when my DH isn't around. For starters I'm not a fan of her! She always throws obnoxious insulting comments my way! My DH told her she needs to ask and not demand to come over! She of course played miss innocent! As if I'm keeping her grand children away from her(which I'm totally not)

The thought of her makes me cringe! How do I deal with her nicely without loosing it? She's very controlling & pushy which I forgot to mention! She's causing me & DH to fight which makes me dislike her even more!

Re: Annoying MIL

• Options

Decide ahead of time how much you think you could tolerate her.  If it is once a week for two hours, then so be it.  Schedule that time on a regular basis ( such as Wednesday at 2-4) and then try to stick to the schedule.  If she tries to come over more often, tell her you have plans but you look forward to seeing her on Wednesday or whatever. 

Who knows, maybe as the babies get older you can leave them with her and you can go out and enjoy yourself for a few hours. 

• Options
    imageDisneygeek77:

Decide ahead of time how much you think you could tolerate her.  If it is once a week for two hours, then so be it.  Schedule that time on a regular basis ( such as Wednesday at 2-4) and then try to stick to the schedule.  If she tries to come over more often, tell her you have plans but you look forward to seeing her on Wednesday or whatever. 

Who knows, maybe as the babies get older you can leave them with her and you can go out and enjoy yourself for a few hours. 

100% agree with this.  Hopefully it will grow into a nice relationship for your kids. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the tips! For now I just don't think I can deal with her during the week.

She also wants to come with my FIL bc they can't do anything apart!

• Options
    Then I would be up front with her. Thank her for the offer but decline politely. Maybe DH can take them to see the ILs regularly so that you get some "me time".
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Tally06Tally06 member
    imagetryingtostaypositive:

So my MIL is coming back from living in another state & she called me to tell me that she will be coming to help me several times a week(didnt ask but told)!

My babies are almost 2mths old & I don't want my MIL coming when my DH isn't around. For starters I'm not a fan of her! She always throws obnoxious insulting comments my way! My DH told her she needs to ask and not demand to come over! She of course played miss innocent! As if I'm keeping her grand children away from her(which I'm totally not)

The thought of her makes me cringe! How do I deal with her nicely without loosing it? She's very controlling & pushy which I forgot to mention! She's causing me & DH to fight which makes me dislike her even more!

How do you plan to have your kids spend time with her & FIL? 

Why not let her and FIL come by during the week and use that time to get out of your house and run some errands without the kids? That way you won't have to be annoyed. My MIL comes over every Monday and I have that time to do things kid free. It's awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"