1st Trimester

Please help!!!

The past three days I've had a few episodes of upset stomach. This morning I started throwing up and have done so all day. Nothing is staying down. I am at 8 weeks. Is this morning sickness or a virus? What on earth can I do? I'm worried I'm well on my way to becoming dehydrated. I'm calling my doctor first thing in the morning.

Re: Please help!!!

• My guess is morning sickness.  Keep up with water intake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It depends..it could be you getting sick or its the pregnancy.  Im 6 weeks and been lucky of not getting sick  as much.  I get the nausea feeling but usually no more then that.  The heat doesn't help either.  Try drinking some gatorade to stay hydrated or water.  But def. call ur dr to make sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If nothing is staying down, do try to get some calories/nutrients from your drinks if those stay down. Water or course, but also juice, broth, and Gatorade. GL.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • It very well could be morning sickness. It hits some people very badly. Try to drink water and keep some fluids down. If you are unable to keep any fluids down and are feeling dehydrated give your doctor a call. They can give you an IV to help rehydrate and prescribe medicines to help in the future. I had to do it a number of times and they could often just give the IVs at the doctor's office. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Unless you have had a fever, my guess is m/s. Try keeping a bottle of water and a sleeve of saltines on your nightstand. When you wake up, sit up slowly and drink some water and try to get a few crackers down before you try to get out of bed. Make sure you sip on water all day! Sometimes that would work for me with my son and I haven't had any m/s yet this time around. good luck!

• First off yes its most likely just MS i was like that when i was pregnant with my DD. But if you are getting dehydrated and cant keep anything down chances are they will prescribe you some Zofran to help with it. GL hope you feel better soon.
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah, call your doctor. It is probably m/s, but if you can't keep anything down, that's not good. I've had a few days like that, and Zofran really helped.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • am0138am0138 member
    Thank you all for your help. I'm currently sucking on some crushed ice and trying some jello. Is it normal to have diarrhea at the same time though? I am so exhausted from not being able to eat. I'm working on fluids but of course they just keep coming up.
  • I actually caught a stomach bug two weeks ago and couldn't hold anything down, even water. I just kept taking sips of water and sprite to make sure that I had at least some fluid in me. I also nibbled on dry toast and crackers. Feel better soon!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Sounds like MS to me.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cdc1983cdc1983 member
    Op, I am also a little over 8 weeks and have had the vomiting and diarrhea too. I'm thinking stomach bug, but I'm still not feeling very good today. 
  • imageam0138:
    Thank you all for your help. I'm currently sucking on some crushed ice and trying some jello. Is it normal to have diarrhea at the same time though? I am so exhausted from not being able to eat. I'm working on fluids but of course they just keep coming up.

Diarrhea can be normal with m/s. Some people have constipation, some have diarrhea. It all just depends. Diarrhea is a common occurrence when you're body is stressed, and your body is obviously going to be stressed and your GI tract can be more sensitive when vomiting occurs, which again, causes diarrhea. Like PP said, if you are not running a fever it is unlikely that it is a virus or bacterial infection and most likely is onset m/s. Try sipping on ice water with a straw, Gatorade, or even pedialyte. Carbs such as crackers, toast, and bland foods like bananas, applesauce, etc can help with m/s. Also peppermint, ginger, and vitamin B6 also help. If it's really bad like your describing, I'd recommend asking your OB for an anti nausea medication such as zofran or phenergan.

If you are experiencing dry mouth/swollen tongue, decreased urine output, tachycardia, confusion, fainting, or the inability to sweat, please go to the ER or contact your OB first in order to get IV fluids. Good luck, and I hope you feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I had pretty nasty m/s from five weeks up until just a couple of days ago (almost 12 weeks now). I really hope it's actually over for me...

Do talk to your doctor like the other ladies recommend.

In the meantime, keep trying new things. You WILL find something that you can keep down. I recommend trying fluids at different temperatures, as well. I found that I could only drink water ice cold or tea temperature -- anything in between would send me running for a bucket. Lemon or lime in water was helpful.

Most people recommend crackers. Saltines helped me for a while, until the sight of them made me gag. Ritz worked for a day. Triscuits never. My final standby was Doritos -- but only the original orange ones.

Just experiment and concentrate on fluids. I hope you feel better soon! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"