June 2011 Moms
Options

Toy organizing

Do any of you have any tricks or tips to keep all of the small pieces of toys together?  I'm talking about things like puzzle pieces, animals from the Fisher Price zoo & farm, blocks, things like that.  I have a toy box and a few small baskets, but I'm just curious if you have a better way to keep sets together.

Re: Toy organizing

• Options
    We have the little cube canvas totes that go into a bigger 9x9 shelf in his room. One tote for each thing. So blocks in one, train pieces in another, puzzles in another... haven't found a better way yet unfortunately.
  • Options

imageKCGold:
    We have the little cube canvas totes that go into a bigger 9x9 shelf in his room. One tote for each thing. So blocks in one, train pieces in another, puzzles in another... haven't found a better way yet unfortunately.

this.

I also put puzzles or mega block pieces in clear zip up bags like the ones comforters or pillow cases come in. That way I know what the bags have. They then go in canvas totes or baskets.

Not my photo but something like this.

https://s57.beta.photobucket.com/user/babycheapskate/media/Toy Storage Solutions/5369_132770494082_558759082_3263-1.jpg.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a cube shelf from Target with canvas drawers. We have a Lego drawer, a car drawer, a block drawer, an animal drawer...  You get the picture :)

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    We have a big toy box and a few bins. But for small toys that I want to keep together - I use tupperwear. I had some extra so thought I would try it and it seems to work well.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I have completely given up keeping stuff separate. He has open toy bins and everything goes wherever because 5 mins later he is dumping them on the floor.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    Try clear cosmetic bags they are more durable and come in all sorts of sizes.
  • Options

Check out the website below for great products for organizing kids toys. I know how it is. I have an 18 month old and her toys are everywhere. Big ones, Small Ones, Ones that hurt when they get stepped on. The totes and bags that Thirty-One has are GREAT for organizing toys. It makes cleaning up easier for me and her. And the totes and bags can be personalized so that my daughter feels excited to pick up her toys. It also helps her learn to read and to put things back where they go. Check them out! It made my life easier!! 

check out the catalog here: www.mythirtyone.com/356322 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"