Adoption
Options

I know I haven't posted here in awhile...

Just thought I would post a quick update for those who remember me..

Well I used to think it was so silly that people would say their finalization for adoption would not be till baby was quite a few months old. I, in my uneducated state, thought it was not going to happen to me.

We got everything in when she was only about 2 weeks old and waited our 10 days. Christmas day our 10 day waiting period, for BM to change mind, was up. We could not re-submit until January due to holidays. We re-submitted in January and sometime in Feb it came back that we needed to re-do some stuff. Including the document that gave BM the 10 days to change mind.

We re-did the stuff and waited another 10 days. I then got busy for a bit and re-submitted around end of March, I think. It then had to get sent to a different office since the adoption worker was on leave. I drove it personally to where it needed to be, almost 2 hours away. I then got a call in early May that it was all good and could be filed but it needed to go back to my local courthouse. They sent it and a waited 2 weeks before calling but still no word.

Finally a week later I got a call that it is all good but I need to serve our child and family services. I told them I didn't do that because we had originally had the help of an adoption worker through child and family services and they wrote "service not required" on my documents. I was told then that due to the government act i still had to serve it and wait another 10 days for them.

My 10 days of that will be up on Monday. I am hoping for good news. On Monday I can then go file another document saying I served it and it's been 10 days. Then I believe that is the last step before it goes to the judge. After judge sees it if approved he will file it and I will get sent a copy. I pray this will happen before we move July 1st otherwise changing my address could add more delay.

Oh and baby turned 6 months old yesterday. I'm naive... lol 

Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: I know I haven't posted here in awhile...

• Options

Fingers crossed it gets done soon!

DD's finalization was 7 months after she was born.

• Options
    I too am glad it didn't mess with things. If BM changed her mind in the second 10 day period (that technically she wouldn't have had if they got the papers right.. Dumb adoption workers) I would have lost it and had a huge court battle. Thankfully the situation is a bit different with DH being bio dad though so we have a good leg to stand on if we ever needed to fight. Thankfully we don't though!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"