Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Target brand newborn diapers?

Hi Ladies,

Wondering what your opinions on these are? We just got Target in Canada.... Yay!! And I'd like to save money where I can.

For my first two sons, I used Pampers. My two year old is still in diapers at night and 2 days ago I bought the Target brand size 5's for him at less than half the cost of Pampers! I was waiting for him to wake up wet in the middle of the night but all was well in the morning and I'm quite impressed thus far. I'm so hoping that they work as well for newborns. I'm due in 7 weeks and would like to stock up. So any experiences/ opinions are welcome!

Thanks so much!

Re: Target brand newborn diapers?

• We used them on our newborn, they were not as soft as pampers but they did the job. When we run out of the diapers people gave to us we will buy the target ones.
  • imagekathleenkuebler:
    BUY THEM. i have a 17 month old and a 1 month old. they're the best store brand diaper that i've found. they're literally the only diapers my girls wear. they're true to size, they fit exactly like they should in all the right places, they arent scratchy like some cheaper diapers, and best part about them, they're cheap! i've found they're the most diaper to pampers.

Yay!! That makes me so happy! Thanks for the input!
  • Loading the player...
  • hvtanghvtang member
    We really like them!  The hospital gave us some Pampers Swaddlers that we had multiple blowouts in, and the Target ones have had no issues.  We use cloth during the day but I'm still using the Target dipes for overnight and they don't leak.
    12 weeks 1 day - FIST PUMP!
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Boy born 4/8/13 9lbs
    BFP #1 EDD 12.18.12 - Missed M/C at 9w3d D&C 5.22.12
  • with my first i loved them! not using them yet for my newborn, but if i need more, target brand is the way ill go
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member

The only complaint I had about them is that they are small.  My LO was a preemie (born at 5 1/2 lbs).  When we brought him home from the hospital, he was about 6 1/2 lbs, and probably only fit in them for about 2 weeks.  So if you have a baby that's 7 lbs or bigger, they may be a big snug.  At least they were for mine :)

BUT, when he did wear them they worked well. 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• I bought a pack of Target Up Up brand size 1 diapers and I'm not happy with them at all. They aren't very absorbent and they stick to LO's skin. I won't be buying them again. I'd rather save money buying Pampers using Amazon Subscribe and Save.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We LOVE the Target diapers.  We've been using them since we ran out of Pampers from my shower.  We've had very few leaks and no other issues with them. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • We weren't fans. They weren't very soft and stuck to the skin. They also didn't seem as absorbent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    They're great!  Get some! I have twins and they do great with Pampers, but boy are they pricey!  So we are switching to Target brand.  They totally contained a major poosplosion, so that is a win in my book!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• lbw05lbw05 member
    They work great for us!
  • We love them! We haven't had any problems and they're working great!
    pregnancy calendar
  • imagekathleenkuebler:
    whoops. most similar diaper to pampers!

+1 

• imagefitzpemberley:
    We weren't fans. They weren't very soft and stuck to the skin. They also didn't seem as absorbent.

This. I can't believe how many people like them! They just did not work for my LO. But every baby is different. Luvs works best for us. Never had a blowout or leaks.
  • imagehvtang:
    We really like them!nbsp; The hospital gave us some Pampers Swaddlers that we had multiple blowouts in, and the Target ones have had no issues.nbsp; We use cloth during the day but I'm still using the Target dipes for overnight and they don't leak.

This! My DD blows right through Pampers and Huggies. We love the Target brand!
    Mama to Sophie Virginia
    born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

• JenniD2JenniD2 member

imagenicoleh55:
    imagefitzpemberley:
    We weren't fans. They weren't very soft and stuck to the skin. They also didn't seem as absorbent.
    This. I can't believe how many people like them! They just did not work for my LO. But every baby is different. Luvs works best for us. Never had a blowout or leaks.

This. My SIL told me the Target brand diapers were the way to go, but DS kept leaking through the Target diapers. So far DS has been wearing Pampers and Luvs with no problems.

• jannv11jannv11 member
    I like Target diapers and wish I wouldn't of wasted all that money on Huggies on DS. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • jmdahnjmdahn member
    I tried transitioning my 2 y/o to them.  They are scratchy and make him stink like pee when he wakes up.  They are good if we are changing him every hour- but with a 2 y/o that is NOT possible! I won't use them for the baby yet- they aren't soft...I want a soft baby diaper when I snuggle. 
  • UberBizUberBiz member
    I'm another target lover, I used them with DD, she never leaked out and they were cheaper than anything else! I wish there was a Target close by now, but the Walmart brand seems to do ok for cheap diapers. I tried Luvs, and they are slightly smaller. The walmart ones fit over Mr. Chubs' bottom a lot better!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for all the replies!! I so appreciate the input!

I think I will try them for the new baby. It's worth a try I suppose. Unfortunately, we don't have Luvs in Canada, though I did try them when we were in AZ a couple months ago and they were awesome!

It's been 2 nights of leak free, 12 hour of the target brand with my 2 year old, so that's good! As long as they contain the newborn poop and don't cause rashes, I'll be happy!!

Thanks again, ladies!!
  • jlpevjlpev member
    I have a 2 yr old in them and my newborn. I love em!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"