September 2012 Moms

Funeral ?

We have to go to a funeral tomorrow and am trying to figure out what to wear. Can I wear a royal blue dress with a black sweater over it or do I need to be in all black? Also, how should I dress C?

TIA

imageimageimage

Re: Funeral ?

• hmp1hmp1 member
    You don't need to wear black to a funeral. Subdued colors are fine. Same with LO.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Yes, and LO's clothes don't really matter as long as they are clean.  Neon might not be best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • LuvSDLuvSD member

Thanks ladies!

DD has a cute navy blue/polk-a-dot dress that I think I am going to have her wear. Also, one more question about my clothers. Black nylons? Yes? No?

imageimageimage

• hmp1hmp1 member
    imageLuvSD:

Thanks ladies!

DD has a cute navy blue/polk-a-dot dress that I think I am going to have her wear. Also, one more question about my clothers. Black nylons? Yes? No?

With a blue dress, I would do nude nylons. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• LuvSDLuvSD member
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imageLuvSD:

Thanks ladies!

Could I do no nylons?

imageimageimage

• I would do no nylons, but that is because I hate hate hate them. As for what you wear I think the royal blue dress would be fine. I have been to many funerals in the past as well as growing up in one (my family owned a funeral home when I was younger) and have always found people to dress up but over the years I have noticed the attire to becoming more casual. I went to my step father in laws funeral 2 years ago in Kansas as we wore dress clothes to the wake and funeral and his family kind of side eyed us and were dressed way more casual. The funeral director was even in black denim. So it might depend of what the culture is where you are too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Blake012913DSCF1379
  • HyalineHyaline member
    imageLuvSD:
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imageLuvSD:

Thanks ladies!

Could I do no nylons?

Warning: Old-fashioned, stodgy opinion ahead.  No, you should wear nylons.  It's a funeral, which to me is the same "formality class" as a wedding, traditional worship services, that kind of thing.  You wear nylons.  (And your good white gloves, dammit!  I kid.  Sorta.  Why don't ladies wear hats and gloves anymore?  I mean, really.  Looks fandamntastic.) 

ETA: I think your outfit--blue dress, black sweater--is perfect.  And I'd just put LO in something subdued and nice-ish.  I admit, I would side-eye the mom who brings her baby to a funeral wearing a bright pink onesie covered in glitter or something. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    imageLuvSD:
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imageLuvSD:

Thanks ladies!

Could I do no nylons?

I don't have a problem with bare legs. Do you have a pair of peep toe shoes? That is a for sure reason to not wear nylons. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"