Baby Showers

NBSR-Terrible Grad Party invite

Our next door neighbor's daughter is graduating from High School this year and we got the party invite the other day.  On the bottom of the invite it said "BYOB and your own lawn chair".  Really?!?  We were planning on giving the grad a gift/money but now you want us to bring our own drinks and seats too?  People are too much!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: NBSR-Terrible Grad Party invite

• I wouldn't mind the bring your own seat thing so much as the byob. That's crazy. The host should get a cooler, get a few cases of beer, a few bottles of wine, done.
  • imageMrs.AllyH:
    I wouldn't mind the bring your own seat thing so much as the byob. That's crazy. The host should get a cooler, get a few cases of beer, a few bottles of wine, done.

I tend to agree with this.

The BYOB is a total turn-off though.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • My family usually does the bring your own chair thing for outside events. So, that wouldn't be surprising to me. The BYOB would be though. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I've been to these. They always have beverages and alcohol. The invite is really just letting you know that if there's something you're in the mood for, you can bring it.
  • I'm more confused about bringing beer or alcohol to a high school graduation party. Obviously it's for 21 and over, but I've never heard of having alcohol at a large party celebrating a high schooler with a bunch of high schoolers and underage people around.
  • Byob to a high school graduation?

This member of a very drinking social circle is even side eyeing this!!
  • You know what just occurred to me? Maybe it's their way of letting the high school grads drink w/o assuming any liability. It doesn't actually eradicate liability, but maybe that's the motivation.
  • tilsonctilsonc member

I agree that they should not have included BYOB for an event like this, however I usually bring my own anyway as I like vodka/soda and most parties have beer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"