Military Families

Newport News Hospitals

Anyone have any suggestions of a good OBGYN clinic in the Newport News area? If you could also include which hospital they deliver at that would be great. Thanks.

Re: Newport News Hospitals

• are you prime or standard. if you are prime go to langley it is really nice and new. i love it there

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Im Prime but considering switching to standard to have more flexability to the different hospitals in that area. Ive gone off Prime before with the birth of my first child and it was a great experience but we are moving mid pregnancy to VA.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a little bit of a drive for you... but if you do switch to standard, Tidewater Physicians for Women and Dr. Bertolino in Norfolk are AMAZING! I delivered at Sentera Leigh and can not say enough good things about them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, if you're interested in a birth center I recommend The Midwifery Center at DePaul in Norfolk. I had a fantastic experience there and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a med-free birth.  It would be a bit of a drive but I opted to make the drive because I was not interested in birthing at either of the MTFs. 
  • I'm Prime and currently travelling to Portsmouth Naval Hospital for appointments (from Newport News), but was told if the kid's ready to pop out, that I can technically deliver anywhere to avoid the hour drive.  

I've read good things about Mary Immaculate and Riverside, but I'm a FTM so I don't have any experience with either. 

I don't know if that helps you at all, but I thought I'd pass it along! 

• Thanks everyone for your replys back! If we do switch to standard i was looking at Riverside Regional. But i did hear today from my OB that the Naval hospital in Portsmouth delivers a ton of babies every year and is a teaching hospital which could be good ..my OB said "they are hot stuff up there you will be in good hands".. Haha!
  • NMCP delivers the most babies in the navy! almost everyone i talk to has had a great experience there. langley delivers the most babies in the AF. They are both great choices if you stay on prime

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Riverside Woman's Heathcare is fantastic.  I delivered DD at Riverside the first time I lived here and will deliver this one there too.  I love the freedom of being off base.  I hadn't felt the baby much the past few days, called, and they said just stop by and we'll listen to the heartbeat.  They're so sweet and accommodating and I feel like I'm more than a number.  
  • Thanks everyone for the advice. We switched to standard and will be seen at a clinic in the Hampton Roads Area. I feel relieved about the decision and hope everything works out well! Take care all !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"