June 2013 Moms

NBR: cat pee

I love my cat Taco. however, I'm about to strangle her little furry behind if she doesn't stop peeing in the corner of my dining room. Does anyone know of any really good cleaners that work to get out the smell of cat pee in carpet??

here is a photo of the troublemaker herself image 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: cat pee

• Lurker here.  I swear by Nature's Miracle Just for Cats.  Get the original formula in the white bottle, NOT the newer stuff in the red bottle.  Be sure to saturate the entire area.  You might have to apply it several times, but it works.  GL!
    EDD 7/1/13
  • I know it sounds weird, but I heard vodka! Your house smells like you're an alcoholic for about 2 hours but then there is no smell... This is just what I've heard. I haven't had to try it yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I'll look into natures miracle :-)
  • imageIlovebeingamom:
    I know it sounds weird, but I heard vodka! Your house smells like you're an alcoholic for about 2 hours but then there is no smell... This is just what I've heard. I haven't had to try it yet.

dont think hubby will like me if I pour vodka on the carpet lol 

• imageLittleDuckie2013:

imageIlovebeingamom:
    I know it sounds weird, but I heard vodka! Your house smells like you're an alcoholic for about 2 hours but then there is no smell... This is just what I've heard. I haven't had to try it yet.

dont think hubby will like me if I pour vodka on the carpet lol 

Because he wants to drink it or because it sounds so weird!? Lol. I heard a spray bottle with vodka. Maybe someone was pulling my leg. Who knows!
  • After you clean it you might try putting one of those clear mats wrong side up on the carpet. The kind that are spiky on the bottom, you cat won't walk on it.
  • Natures miracle works wonders!

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Just a side note, but you may want to take Taco to the vet if you haven't done so already. Sometimes cats will urinate inappropriately like in your dining room when they have pain, anxiety, or an infection. Feliway is a diffuser looks like an air freshener that helps a lot of cats. Good luck!
  • AchaeAchae member
    If its soaked into the padding you're screwed I think. Has she been checked for a uti? Have your tried litter attract to see if it helps her use the box again?
  • She has been checked by the vet 2x and the only thing they found were some crystals in her pee. she is now on a special expensive diet and the change in food has helped alittle, She has stopped peeing on our bath mats and clothes that may fall on the floor. It's just the one corner of my dining room she still peeing. I'm pretty sure it's because of the smell....I have put tin foil down and while it keeps her out of the area it's also kinda keeping the smell fresh....I want to try and get rid of the smell then ill put more tinfoil to deter her from the area

• emcgraemcgra member

Feliway is a diffuser looks like an air freshener that helps a lot of cats. Good luck

We use a this and it helps with the peeping.  Amazon seems to have the best prices for it too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lurker from July - check out the website 'Planet Urine.'  A vet friend of mine recommended their cleaning products when I had a kitty with chronic renal failure. A word a caution - it comes with a black light. You may not want to use that.  I did and it totally ramped up my OCD. 
  • Our cat started having this issue after she turned 1...she's 4 now. We thought it could be behavior and same thing, UTI b/c Vet found some bacteria and crystals. However, we moved and it happened again. New vetmilitary vet ran some tests and she had Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease FLUTD. Don't google btw b/c as Vet said, it'll make you cry. Basically, he said 3 of cats truly have a UTI and more tend to have issues controlling their Ph. Suggestion...add wet food to diet and try to encourage more water drinking by putting another water bowl out or a pet fountain. We ended up giving her some wet food in addition to regular food and switched to Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract for her dry. Purina makes a wet food for UT that we use. She manages her Ph very well already but these seem to help a little bit more. It's been almost a year and NO further issues. Something to consider.

For clean up...50/50 water and vinegar soak, let dry. Then sprinkle baking soda over area. Then combine hydrogen peroxide and a little dish soap and scrub that over baking soda. Let dry and then vacuum. I follow that up with the oxy clean/arm n hammer pet carpet powder for 1530 min then vacuum that up.

Best of luck! I know it's very frustrating to deal with when you love your fur child so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"