May 2013 Moms

Overdue club

Who else is here? 40 weeks 1 day... Induction scheduled for June 7th. Not to mention my Dh is scared to have sex because he doesn't want to hurt the baby. Ugh. What hes not thinking about is how He'll be hurting for 6 weeks... Lol

Mobile bumping

Re: Overdue club

• I've just joined this club as well. 40w +1.

• eltar08eltar08 member
    40w+2.  I know it's *just* a due date and most people deliver +/- 2w of it but it's still frustrating when people ask you if anything is happening all the time.  Don't they know that if something really is happening that would mean I'm in labor and we would have told them?  My sadistic side wants to go deliver this baby and tell no one till the next day...hehe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 42 weeks and having a hard time not being anxious. Going to doctor today to see if I've dilated anymore, and to do tests non stress and biophysical. If those come out clear my dr might want me to wait longer before getting induced. I'm concerned to wait any longer at this point.. What would you do?
  • burkemsburkems member
    41w 1d. NST and AFI this morning, then I will be making my case to be induced this weekend. I waited until 42 weeks with my daughter and she had some complications from being so over baked. Between that, the unlikelihood I will dilate on my own in the next few days and the fact that DH won't be able to be with me next week except for the birth, it is best for our family to induce sooner rather than later.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • 40w1d here too. No signs of baby. No dilation, he's not dropped, no contractions. I think he will be in there forever! I have a feeling time will crawl from here on out. Hoping he comes before my induction on the 9th which is also my 1st wedding anniversary!
  • ProfEDDProfEDD member
    41w2d here! I'm at about 3 or 4 cm, and had bloody show last night. I really hope things get rolling today so I can avoid tomorrow morning's induction :-(
    September '15 siggy challenge: Happy Dance
    dancing,ron swanson,gifs,drunk,funny
  • imageNora1985:
    Who else is here? 40 weeks 1 day... Induction scheduled for June 7th. Not to mention my Dh is scared to have sex because he doesn't want to hurt the baby. Ugh. What hes not thinking about is how He'll be hurting for 6 weeks... Lol

Mobile bumping

I'm no longer overdue, but went 41 1. Thought I'd let you know that he will definitely be hurting. My DH did the same thing before she got here, and now every five minutes when he's home I get an update on how close to six weeks we are. Encourage him to change his mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Due today but don't think she's coming today. Her brother was a week late so I'm preparing myself that it could be mid-June for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • 40.5 here.
    will be getting induced on Saturday.
  • imageweinerlisahotmail.com:
    I am 42 weeks and having a hard time not being anxious. Going to doctor today to see if I've dilated anymore, and to do tests non stress and biophysical. If those come out clear my dr might want me to wait longer before getting induced. I'm concerned to wait any longer at this point.. What would you do?

I would ask to be induced. Especially if you are concerned about it.
  • rsage53rsage53 member
    I'm 40w2d and won't be induced until 41w.  Hoping she decides to come before then, but not holding my breath!  Good luck to all the other overdue mamas.  Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 40 weeks 4 days. I'm being induced tonight at 6pm. I'm so excited that there is an end in sight and I will have a
    May 31st baby!
  • 40W 1D. DTD last night hoping something would happen.  Still here.  I'm hoping the MW has something good to tel me at my appt this morning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• burkemsburkems member
    image2013sarabelleATX:

imageburkems:
    41w 1d. NST and AFI this morning, then I will be making my case to be induced this weekend. I waited until 42 weeks with my daughter and she had some complications from being so over baked. Between that, the unlikelihood I will dilate on my own in the next few days and the fact that DH won't be able to be with me next week except for the birth, it is best for our family to induce sooner rather than later.

What type of complications? (Just trying to stay informed)

She passed meconium in the womb and aspirated it during labor, which is more common in overdue babies. We were in the NICU for four days treating for possible infection and trying to get her rapid breathing rate to come down. Not nearly as bad as some people have to deal with, I completely understand that. It's just compounded with everything else for us - if I'm going to have a baby in the NICU, I want my husband there.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Not overdue yet, today is my estimated due date, but so hoping to go into labor naturally that I am dreading tomorrow's appointment. My doctor is wonderful but I know she will be giving me lots of possible induction dates for next week, and I don't want to be tempted!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    40w6d here, being induced tomorrow.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 40w5d here! Had a dr appt yesterday and was 1cm, still high and not engaged. She said inductions can be less successful if you are not already 2 or 3 cm on your own already so I have to wait and see till next week. I never wanted to have to be induced....but I was kinda disappointed yesterday! I want a May baby darn it!! 
    Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Bouncing on a yoga ball as we speak... Come on labor !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"