Babies on the Brain
Options

Newbie long

Hi, I have been doing some lurking and just wanted to introduce myself. I am 28 years old, and will be married for 2 years in September. My husband and I have decided to ttc in September.

I decided in Feb to stop taking birth control as I had been on it for 10 years. I had a regular 28 day cycle but since coming off the pill I have had a 30 day, then 34 day cycle and am currently on day 43 of my current cycle. I'm not sure why it is taking so long for me to get my period. I took 2 pregnancy tests, both negative.

I am anxiously awaiting my period so I can start charting! I tend to be a worrier in general and I am nervous about what my body is doing.
I apologize in advance if this is a huge long paragraph, I am writing from my iPhone.

ME: 29 DH:29
TTC #1 since September 2013
BFP Aug 27 2014, EDD- May 9 2015 - MMC Oct 16 2014

Re: Newbie long

• Options

Hi and welcome to the Bump boards!

I recommend heading over to the Trying to Get Pregnant board and lurking a bit over there. And check out their newbie link.They are a wealth of information.

After BC it can take awhile to regulate (if you ever even do). As they often say over there wait for AF, a BFP, or day 60. If day 60 comes first contact your doctor. Your doctor may have to jump start your period. 

I wouldn't worry too much because this seems to be quite normal.

Good luck to you!

• Options
    imagebridenamedjenn:
    Hi and welcome to the Bump boards!I recommend heading over to the Trying to Get Pregnant board and lurking a bit over there. And check out their newbie link.They are a wealth of information.After BC it can take awhile to regulate if you ever even do. As they often say over there wait for AF, a BFP, or day 60. If day 60 comes first contact your doctor. Your doctor may have to jump start your period.nbsp;I wouldn't worry too much because this seems to be quite normal.Good luck to you!

All of this. I'm on the TTGP board, and we'd love to have you! [just lurk and read the newbie link FIRST]! :]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened to me after coming off birth control pills and after giving birth as well. It's a common reaction. It shouldn't prevent you from getting pregnant though. MY son was conceived on a 45 day cycle; my daughter a 52 day cycle. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the input. I wasn't sure if I should go over to the ttc board or here as we are not actively trying quite yet. It is reassuring to hear you got pregnant on wonky cycles. I am fearful because I have had ovarian cysts that unfortunately burst painful, and stage one endometriosis on my cervix. My cause for concern stems from my older sister who could not conceive, she has stage 5 endometriosis basically everywhere. Lucky for me mine is very minor, but it is something that is in the back of my mind.

• Options

It's never too late to start charting, you don't have to wait until the beginning of the next cycle.  It will get you in the habit and help you understand what to be looking for no matter when you start.

Feel free to check out my fertility friend charts, you can link to it from the ticker in my siggy.  I have been in the same boat as you.  I stopped BCP in october and the first cycle was longer, but seemed normal.  Then I had 2 really long annovulatory cycles.  I'm on my 4th cycle since stopping the pill and it looks like my body may finally be getting back to normal.

Good luck and hope to see you on the TTGP board! 

• Options
    imagejenn51212:
    It's never too late to start charting, you don't have to wait until the beginning of the next cycle. nbsp;It will get you in the habit and help you understand what to be looking for no matter when you start.Feel free to check out my fertility friend charts, you can link to it from the ticker in my siggy. nbsp;I have been in the same boat as you. nbsp;I stopped BCP in october and the first cycle was longer, but seemed normal. nbsp;Then I had 2 really long annovulatory cycles. nbsp;I'm on my 4th cycle since stopping the pill and it looks like my body may finally be getting back to normal.Good luck and hope to see you on the TTGP board!nbsp;

Thanks so much!! I am anxious to chart, did not realize I could start anytime. I have been checking cervical fluid and will start temping.

• Options

imageClarinet35:
    imagebridenamedjenn:
    Hi and welcome to the Bump boards!I recommend heading over to the Trying to Get Pregnant board and lurking a bit over there. And check out their newbie link.They are a wealth of information.After BC it can take awhile to regulate if you ever even do. As they often say over there wait for AF, a BFP, or day 60. If day 60 comes first contact your doctor. Your doctor may have to jump start your period.nbsp;I wouldn't worry too much because this seems to be quite normal.Good luck to you!
    All of this. I'm on the TTGP board, and we'd love to have you! [just lurk and read the newbie link FIRST]! :]

Same here! Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No problem.  Just use this first chart as a practice chart.  You have the ability to put in the date of your last period so you will have a bunch of days without any temps.  And beware that you may have ovulated already, meaning you wouldn't see any temperature shift before you next period.
  • Options
    I am in a very similar situation to you!! I'm 27 and my husband and I want to start ttc in September. I went off BC 8 months ago and my cycles are all over the place. I'm on day 43 of my current cycle but based on my charting I am still ovulating. I recommend starting your charting ASAP! : no need to wait for your period to start.
    It's good to find someone else in a similar situation as me at the same time as me! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"