Multiples

Will I be able to hide it to 12 weeks?

Will I be able to hide the pregnancy till 12 weeks?  This is my 2nd/3rd and I know you tend to bump earlier the 2nd time around. I really wanted to wait till dd first birthday to share the news but I feel as though I will long be showing before that.  When did you start showing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will I be able to hide it to 12 weeks?

• I was bloated and could have hid it better had I wanted to but I didnt really care after 8 weeks when we told family. But yes... Im sure I could have hid it well into 14 weeks with the right clothes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my second pg and I could hide it pretty well until 17 or 18 weeks for people who didnt know me. I didnt tell work until 14 or 15 weeks and no one could tell. It's all about the clothes since I stopped buttoning my pants around 9 weeks.

Now, at 30w, I get stranger comments on the daily.

• Loading the player...
  • I was actually smaller with my twins than my first.  I went to a shower at 14w and probably still could've hidden it and just looked like I pigged out. 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • palm513palm513 member

I had my twins first and didn't show just looked a little bloated, until 28 weeks. this time I am showing at 17, with one. it depends on your body and how you are carrying the babies. If you didn't show that early before you prolly won't this time either.

• jcathjcath member
    You will certainly notice a bump at 12 weeks but pick your clothes well and you can hide it no problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was out at work at 14w b/c I couldn't hide anymore, but had been getting the side eye and questions from about 10w.  I was bloated from IVF and then bumped pretty early.  I needed a belly band from before even getting my BFP.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• I did IVF, so I was bloated.  I think that I really popped out though at 14 weeks.  I could have hidden it until then - fluffy looking, but not pregnant.  The right clothes will definitely help you do that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This was my second pregnancy and felt like I was showing from the beginning! By 15 weeks had an little obvious bump. I am not sure if you can/will be able to hide it, everyone is different.
  • imagejcath:
    You will certainly notice a bump at 12 weeks but pick your clothes well and you can hide it no problem.

I am 12 weeks today (first babies), and this is certainly the case for me.   

Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • I had a bit of a bump at 12 weeks, but I was able to hide it that long.  Granted, this is my first pregnancy (at least that made it to double digits in weeks). 

I hope you are able to hide it!  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is my 2nd twin pregnancy and I was in maternity trousers at 6 weeks. Had to tell everyone at 9weeks as my bump was very obvious!! Depends on ur usual style of clothing and body type!!
  • I didn't look pregnant until close to 20 weeks. Granted they were my first, but I definitely could have hidden it for a long time.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    I told work at 13 weeks. I had a lot of bloat but was able to hide it, just looked a little chubby.
  • I told my former co workers when I was a couple days past 13 weeks. No one had a clue prior to my announcement. My twins were number 2 and 3 for me as well. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • They were my first/only pregnancy but yeah, I was able to hide it to 12w. I didn't notice any changes at all till right around 11-12w and had to buy my first belly band at 13w, got my first stranger comment around 14w.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • really depends on your body.  skinny women usually show sooner.  I'm not skinny, I was about 15-20lbs over my normal weight (so not obese),but I didn't show til really late 16w and at 17w is when I really had a bump that I couldn't hide by clothes.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"