Natural Birth
Options

Calm My Mind (re: EPO Vaginally)

Hello Ladies. My son was born at 38 weeks, 4 days.  I got my VBAC. Smile

He's now almost one month old and I can't stop wondering if the EPO I took vaginally the two days before going into labor caused me to go into labor early. It was not my intention to put myself into labor. 

My midwife told me I could take them vaginally or orally starting at 36 weeks.  I started taking them orally at 37 weeks and vaginally at 38 weeks 2 days and 3 days.

Everything I've read on the internet is that EPO can not cause you to go into labor. Was this likely just a weird coincidence?  Tell me I'm over thinking this... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Calm My Mind (re: EPO Vaginally)

• Options
    I think you are overthinking it. Especially since 38 and 4 isn't early, it is within the range of full term.

fwiw, I started taking it at about 36 or 37 weeks and didn't have baby until two days before my due date.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think one or two days of use was too little to do anything.  Things we do can help if body is ready, so I would try not to over think it and believe that your body was ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    P.S. Congrats on your VBAC. Party!!!
  • Options

Congrats on the VBAC! Well done, mama!

I contemplate this kind of stuff often. DS was born at 36.6 and while he was a good size and had good APGARs, he was a very poor nurser and I ended up not being able to breastfeed him due to a very low supply which I believe was from lack of stimulation. I wanted so badly to make it to 39 weeks because I know babies born at 39+ generally do better at breastfeeding. 

I had a vaginal exam the week before and started losing my mucus plug pretty much immediately after. I have wondered if the vaginal exam stirred things up in there and caused me to go into labor early. I asked my midwife about it and she basically told me there is not much you can do that will start labor unless your body and the baby are ready.  Think of all the women who take EPO and go late? Same with nipple stimulation, sex, castor oil, etc. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I think it's more likely that our babies were just done growing and wanted to come out.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What is EPO?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options

imageMommyKristin88:
    What is EPO?

Evening Primrose Oil 

Prudence