Multiples

twin measuring 2 weeks younger

Last night I had some bleeding and went in for an u/s today. The Dr. said everything looked okay and to take it easy. But twin A is 2 weeks behind twin B (6 and 8 weeks). I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and gone on to deliver 2 healthy babies.

Thanks! 

Re: twin measuring 2 weeks younger

• palm513palm513 member
    my twins from day one measured 2 weeks apart and at birth they measured 3 weeks apart. both healthy and happy. The measurements are never exact and there is a large margin of error. So I would not worry at all especially if they are fraternal because one could actually be a week or two younger. 
  • I had a somewhat similar problem only mine was more of a gestational sac measuring 3 weeks behind. I had my latest u/s yesterday at 10 weeks baby B had caught up almost 100 percent we are still not out of the woods yet but its better than before. These early ultrasounds can be off as each baby grows differently. Drink lots of water and rest as much as you can and of you are craving something eat it! Our body can do amazing things and give both babies what they need. Think positive and hope for the best!!

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepalm513:
    my twins from day one measured 2 weeks apart and at birth they measured 3 weeks apart. both healthy and happy. The measurements are never exact and there is a large margin of error. So I would not worry at all especially if they are fraternal because one could actually be a week or two younger. 

?? No, not really.  Especially since she did IVF.  Early u/s are pretty accurate in determining fetal age/size.

OP sorry you are going through this.  Usually up to 1 week difference in size is considered "normal".  Mine didn't have a growth discordance until much later in pregnancy.  I hope your Dr. can give you some guidance and schedule a follow up u/s soon.  Wishing you the very best.

• palm513palm513 member
    imageMrs. Alice:

imagepalm513:

?? No, not really.  Especially since she did IVF.  Early u/s are pretty accurate in determining fetal age/size.

OP sorry you are going through this.  Usually up to 1 week difference in size is considered "normal".  Mine didn't have a growth discordance until much later in pregnancy.  I hope your Dr. can give you some guidance and schedule a follow up u/s soon.  Wishing you the very best.

I didn't notice the IVF... but I do know women how have ovulated a secound time a week after conceiving, and conceiving again. 

• imagepalm513:
    imageMrs. Alice:

imagepalm513:

I didn't notice the IVF... but I do know women how have ovulated a secound time a week after conceiving, and conceiving again. 

Still no.  It's called superfetation and it's extremely rare and there's only a handful of proven cases in humans.  These women are lying to you. You have no idea what you are talking about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"