Trouble TTC

Poor sweet DH - funny

I forgot to post how adorably ignorant my DH continues to be. I take for granted that he barely ever asks questions, so he likely doesn't understand as much as I think he does. He showed me just how much he understood with this first IUI.

So driving into the city, on the way to our IUI, DH asks casually "So, like, what are the stats for this? What are our chances?" I told him 10-20% according to our clinic. He just about stopped the car! "What? Only 10-20%?? Why are we even doing this then? Should we try one that's like 90%?" Bahaha. IF sucks so much. I had to tell him there isn't a 90% success rate for anything. He was so disappointed, lol.

Later on, I'm laying down waiting for the actual IUI and DH asks for a recap of my follicle tracking. I told him my right ovary was good with 3 follicles but my left ovary was lazy with just one little one. He thinks for a minute, then says completely straight-faced "So she should probably aim 'it' towards the right then, huh?"  Oh dear sweetie. I had hide my laughter while I showed him the diagram on the wall... again.

I'm sure your DH's are all better educated about fertility, but any funny man-moments lately? 

30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
DH 32yrs & healthy
*unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
  • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
  • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
  • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
  • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
  • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
  • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

Re: Poor sweet DH - funny

• I love that, sometimes a little laugh in all of this is exactly what we need.

My husband is quite the opposite, he does nothing but research so half the time he knows more about things than I do. :)

My Fur Baby
    PicMonkey Collage
    ***3T July Siggy Challenge: Favorite Summer Drink Peach Bellini***
    Peach Bellini
    Me: 36, DH: 41 TTC: Feb 2011
    Dx uterine fibroids & MFI = Varicocele causing decreased SA
    *** 12/2011: IUI #1 50mg Clomid = BFN ***
    *** 8/2012: IUI #2 100mg Clomid = BFN ***
    *** 11/2012: IUI #3 150mg Clomid & Metmorphin 150mg = BFN ***
    *** 1/2013: Changed RE's & Urologists for more focus on MFI ***
    *** 4/2013: IUI#4 Femara & Follistim = BFFN ***
    *** 5/2013: IUI#5 Femara, Follistim & Bravella = BFFN ***
    ***6/2013: Taking a much needed break***
  • This is a really cute story, and its sweet that your DH is engaging with the process!

Last cycle I was a little POAS crazy and by around 11 DPO DH was nearly forbidding me to waste the last one. We were being silly and I said if that was the case I would do it and not tell the results.  He then said he would hide the last stick, wait for me to go in the middle of the night, and swirl it around in the toilet to find out!  Yes . . that's how it works :)

• Loading the player...
  • RunCC37RunCC37 member
    Awww, that's a cute story! Sounds like something my DH would say. I told my DH that I hope that implantation wouldn't happen on the top of my ute because I have an arcuate and I'd just feel easier during a pg if the baby weren't there. So he suggests that I lay on my right side while sleeping because gravity would take it to my right side. Hehe! I didn't tell him how silly that sounded to me, just smiled and was happy that he was showing interest. And honestly... I have been sleeping on my right side, bahahaha!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • EIK2013EIK2013 member
    Awwww I love it and it reminds me of my DH going through this process lol!

We had a similar conversation about the chance that we have each month and he thinks it's just crazy there isn't something that is a guarantee haha, if only it were that easy :

It sounds like you have a great and supportive DH, very sweet story! And GL to you this cycle!
    Me: 27, DH: 29*** TTC since November 2011 *** Dx with PCOS in September 2012 
    ***September 2012: IUI #1 = BFN*** 
     ***October 2012: IUI #2 = cancelled due to not responding to meds ***
     ***February 2013: IUI #3 - BFN ***
     *** April 2013: Gonal-f, HCG Trigger and TI = BFN*** 
     ***May/June 2013: TAKING A BREAK.***
    ***July 2013: Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = BFN***
    ***August 2013: Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = Cancelled due to over-stimulating***
    ***September/October 2013: Fermara, Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beta #1: 65, Beta #2: 210!!!!!!***

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What fun stories.  DH and I had a similar discussion recently when we were discussing IUI.  I told him it was about a 20% chance and I thought his jaw was going to hit the ground. 

My only really funny DH story through this journey is that his SA results are execllent.  He asked the nurse to give make him a copy so he could hang them on the fridge.  He said "we put all of our other accomplishements on the fridge and having super sperm is an accomplishment".  I laughed out loud.  But his SA results are still on our fridge.  :)

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Awww That's something my DH would say. And it reminds me that for his first SA, he peed in the cup. The nurse at the lab counter had to explain to him what he needed to do in a fresh, new cup. I sided with him- they sent him in to a public bathroom to provide his specimen. What was a man to think?
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • I Love it!! I can't really think of anything funny he has done, he did have unfortunate music playing for his part in our first IUI (Christian radio station). His facial expression when he came out was priceless! He has been really sweet this cycle though, he mowed the lawn for me so I wouldn't "over heat".
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"