October 2012 Moms

Anyone doing Atkins?

I'm getting desperate here...I did it about 10 years ago and took of a LOT of weight, fast...and kept it off...until I got preg, of course.

I've also done ww successfully in the past, but it doesn't seem to be working for me this time...I think there's too much freedom and I end up over-doing it.

Is anyone doing Atkins right now to take of some of the PP weight?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone doing Atkins?

• Is that the one where you just eat veggies and meat at the beginning? If so no and I personally wouldn't b/c I feel the its off balance.  

I would start with a food, drink and activity journal to see what you are really eating and drinking ect.  I would then go from there and tweak your eating habits.  I'm really anti diets and more into lifestyle changes.  You can alway indulge occasionally and its not a big deal since you go right back to clean eating.

if you eat or drink processed foods, fast foods, ect  they really need to go.  I had a horrible time losing weight with DS but was doing WW also and realized I was eating a lot of processed garbage just b/c it was a ffew points.  You may want to checkout Eating for your blood type. It's a little restrictive until you get used to it but its a great tool if you are eating heathy, exercising, ect and not changing in the direction you'd like.  I ended up taking out a few health foods because they weren't for my type and not only didi feel better but I also started seeing positive changes.

also, are you still nursing? Some women hold onto weight with nursing. And also your hormones may not be back to normal yet.  Good luck! 

• No...not breastfeeding.  The main reason I haven;t done it yet is how restrictive it is, and I don't think that it's healthy to deprive yourself of carbs.  this is why I love WW...I just find that with all the freedom, you need a TON of motivation to really track, and weigh and measure everything. 

I will go get a blood test done to see if everything is back to normal...I was supposed to go 6 weeks pp, but I haven't gone yet.  The day I was there, the blood test clinic was closed already, and then I never went back..  I know.  bad. 

I just feel  like I need something to quick start me to gove me the motivation to keep it up.  I'm driving myself crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"