Attachment Parenting

Diaper Bags and Baby Wearing

I'm pregnant with my first and I really love the idea of baby wearing. I already have a few slings/wraps/carriers picked out.

My question to you lovely ladies is this - What kind of diaper bag works best when you're using a baby carrier?

What have your experiences been? 

Thanks! 

Re: Diaper Bags and Baby Wearing

• I use my Jujube BFF. I chose it with baby wearing in mind. Depending on the way I am wearing my son I can wear the bag differently since it can be a shoulder bag, Messenger, or back pack. If I have the stroller out for my b daughter I will attach it using the stroller hooks.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a Kate Spade bag from the Stevie line.  I think it really depends on personal preference, because a lot of people don't like handled bags when baby wearing.  I really like it, because I don't have to worry about whether I'm wearing baby on back or on front like with a backpack.  I also like it because even at 19 months I still carry it around because it looks like a regular purse.

Here's a picture of me with the ergo and bag:

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually found that babywearing meant I could have whatever I wanted as a bag. I made mine as a tote style with 2 straps. With LO in a carrier I can hold it in my hand, on my arm or on my shoulder if I need my hands. If I needed a hand for my baby I would have a messenger style that's truly hands free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ncbellencbelle member
    I don't use a "real" diaper bag, just a floppy lightweight messenger style bag that's the right size (I pack light!).  A backpack works well for front carries but I mostly back carry.
  • I always used something with a cross strap, so I could loosen it and wear it across the carrier. Timbuk2 makes some nice small messenger bags.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• It depends.  For short trips like to the grocery store or BRU, I use a purse that goes across my shoulders and under the wrap.  If I'm going for a longer trip, I typically wear a small backpack.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm still wearing my 19 mth old in our Huggaloops Sling and am using just a regular hobo-style purse with a big compartment  to stash diapers and wipes in.  I like that I can wear it in a bunch of ways, but usually I just wear it on one shoulder, tucked under the strap of my sling.  This keeps it in place and prevents it from slipping.  If it's just a quick trip, I tuck my wallet and his snack right into the sling and then I don't have to carry a purse at all!
  • We alternate between the Ergo backpack and the PPB Boxy Backpack.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"