Babies on the Brain
Options

I don't know what to do

Ok I'm not one to vent about my problems but I don't know who to turn to cause I feel like no one knows what I have gone through but you moms. I'm 24 and I have 2 beautiful girls but my husband has wanted a boy so bad for so long. With my youngest daughter, around 25 weeks prego I was feeling unbelievably uncomfortable but because I'm healthy, never had a surgery, young, in shape, don't smoke, don't do drugs and hardly drink the Dr never thought anything of it. I went into labor at 36 weeks but they stopped it to only go into labor a week later.  After my daughter was born I had undetected placenta accreta and hemorrhage out and had to have and emergency d&c that night.  Then a couple days later have another D&C and then 4 weeks later go for another one because I still had more placenta attached. A couple weeks ago i went to the Dr found out not only is there a bigger chance of this happening so is miscarriage (lets just say I'm freaking out) I wasn't expecting this news. The only thing I have on my side is my age. Now my husband is on the fire department and currently chief and he wont be done till 2015. So we discussed about trying for a baby in July of 2014 closer to when he'll be done. But I want a baby now to know what is going to happen. And now I feel like everyone is getting prego around me (especially my sister in law who's prego with a boy) and i cant even show I'm happy for them (I am thrilled for them) its just I'm so scared of whats going to happen the next time we try. And i really just want to give my husband a boy also.  I am grateful for the 2 girls i have and i couldn't love them any more if they were boys. I just want another baby like now and waiting a year is killing me to see what is going to happen. Its getting harder to deal with. And I don't know what to do? 

Re: I don't know what to do

• Options
    I think you are being a bit dramatic about the whole "I want a boy right now" bit. I don't blame you for being scared though, another pregnancy sounds really risky for both you and baby. Having said that, good old fashioned baby making wont guarantee a boy....something to consider. Enjoy the family you have already and be happy for your family who is pregnant. A year seems like a long time right now, but it realllllly isn't in the grand scheme of things. GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm in a pretty similar situation, I have 2 boys & I want a girl so bad I can't stand it! My sister in law is also pregnant, she finds out what she's having in about 6 weeks, at this point I'm not sure if I'll be jealous or how I'll feel if she gets a girl. Right now I'm very excited for her plus it's my first niece or nephew so it's a little extra exciting I guess. I've been dealing with pre-cancerous cells and ended up having to have a leep performed which raises your chances of having a miscarriage or pre-term labor. my doctor said I could start trying after only a month but a lot of websites & family nurses (including his nurse) strongly disagree & say at least 6 months to give my cervix time to get stronger. So basically I'm trying to wait till my 6 month check up in September to see how everything is & make sure all the pre-cancerous cells are gone. I'm having a hard time waiting, I try to stay positive, June 12th I'll be half way there but to me it's like that's still 3 months! I find it hard to just keep my mind off of it. Just communicate with your husband & tell him exactly how you feel, don't hold back & let him do the same and hopefully you two can come to an agreement. But (something I need to tell myself) you have no idea what you're in for, if you have trouble conceiving or have miscarriages you may come to a difficult time in your life so don't rush (try not to anyway) just enjoy your time with your daughters & think of how lucky you are to have them. Sorry so long. 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Having another child because others are, you want to see if you're going to miscarry and because you want to see if you're going to get that boy is a horrible decision. I wouldn't let irrational thoughts deter you from your completely rational decision to try when it makes the most sense logically. Rushing another child isn't going to change the outcome. Enjoy your two girls and the fun you can have with them without dealing with pregnancy exhaustion/a newborn in tow. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank u all for ur support. I really appreciate it. I just sometimes feel like I'm alone in this and no one understands. Your words and thoughts really help. I just would love to know that ill have a healthy full term baby with a normal pregnancy. To me the sex of the baby doesn't matter but my husband would love to pass on his name. I just sometimes wish I knew what I was in for.
  • Options
    imagerjcampbell1001:
    Thank u all for ur support. I really appreciate it. I just sometimes feel like I'm alone in this and no one understands. Your words and thoughts really help. I just would love to know that ill have a healthy full term baby with a normal pregnancy. To me the sex of the baby doesn't matter but my husband would love to pass on his name. I just sometimes wish I knew what I was in for.

That's life. Good luck to you and your family
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"