C-sections

What happens the 2nd time around?

Our DS was delivered as a C-section because he was breech.  We are TTC for baby #2 and I just was wondering... what happens with the scar the second time around?  Does it stretch too?  And does that hurt?  Does it make a second pregnancy more difficult?

And am I wrong to want to have a second one?  I mean I already know what I am in for and how to recover from one, I never had any labor signs with DS since he was scheduled and I am not sure I really want to.  I was terrified of having a spinal but went through with it and it wasn't so bad.  Either way I know I want pain meds so I will still have to go through that terror again so I can be awake when our next is born.

But people kinda made me feel wrong about it when I had it the first time, and that was medically necessary!  I kept getting told "oh, I'm sorry" when they found out I was having one...and I kept saying "why? I'm having a healthy baby... and I don't have to do all the hard work beforehand to have him!"

Re: What happens the 2nd time around?

• I was more tender the 2nd and this time around my incision. My 2nd pregnancy was 4m after my first so my entire belly was more tender. This time, it's just the incision area.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I got pg when my twins were 2.5 (they were born via c/s).  I didn't have any discomfort in my incision area, I also didn't notice it stretching.  I had a RCS last Monday and I will say, I think the recovery has been a bit more difficult this time around.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I got pregnant with DD 15 months after my first C Section. I did not notice any stretching or discomfort in my scar. I think if you wait long enough between pregnancies you will be fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going through my second pregnancy right now and the only thing I have experienced is itching on the scar area.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had more of those stretching pains the second time around and braxton hicks that I never had the first time.

who cares what others think, I agree.  To me either way has its positives and negatives.  I have friends that gave birth naturally and have trouble with things a year later.  Giving birth is a risky and big job no matter how they come out and they have to come out :) 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • capuletcapulet member
    I had no pain or discomfort from my scar during my second pregnancy, but I spaced out my kids by several years so who knows if I'm normal.  And I had no desire to VBAC even though I was a good candidate, so I didn't.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • My incision site was sore when I turned in bed, and it was itchier than usual as well. Nothing awful, just uncomfortable. I chose to VBAC because I didn't want to deal with the recovery of a c section with a toddler, and because I felt like I had missed out having a vaginal birth. I had a successful VBAC, but if I had ended up with a RCS, I would've been glad that I at least tried. Those are my feelings and having a VBAC was absolutely amazing, but if you're more comfortable with a c section, that is your choice and no one else's. :) I only wish that more doctors were more VBAC friendly, because the research shows that it is a safe option. If a woman wants a RCS, she can have it in an instant, but a lot of women have to fight for a VBAC, and that's just not right. Sorry, got a little OT there. ;)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got pregnant five months pp after my first c section. I haven't noticed anything about my scar...it's just there. I'm sitting in the hospital waiting for my RCS. I had no desire to try and VBAC. Don't let anyone judge your decision.
  • I'm pg with #2. My DD will be 3 at the end of July. My scar is pretty much gone. You really have to look for it if you want to see it. It hasn't bothered me one bit during this pregnancy.

I'm totally OK with a repeat c/s. People think I'm crazy, but my 1st c/s was a great experience. I was in labor for 14 hours before the c/s but everything went very well. As soon as I got pg with this one I asked my OB what happens. They let me schedule the c/s for 39 weeks. If I go into labor early, they just do the c/s then. No biggie!

Don't feel bad about wanting another c/s. Getting baby here safely is most important. 

• I got pregnant 9 months PP and have had very little scar related pain. I'm 20 weeks now so I'm sure there's lots of stretching to come but so far so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"