Georgia Babies
Options

New transplant to Smyrna - looking for good daycare

My husband's job moved us from Las Vegas to Smyrna in September of last year and I have been in search of a good daycare since going back to work in December.  I am on the waiting list at the Goddard School but don't see that moving any time soon (my 6 month wait in December is not another 4-5 month wait.)  I have my 17 month old in an ok daycare at the moment but I really want her to go somewhere where they have lower student:teacher ratios and a more diverse curriculum.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: New transplant to Smyrna - looking for good daycare

• Options
    I am on the waiting list at  the goddard school in Smyrna too. So they just randomly added 4-5 more months onto your waiting?? Thats concerning considering I need my LO to start when they said he could start..

BFP#1.11/2/12-EDD 7/16/13-M/C.11/6/12
    BFP#2 1/2/13 EDD 9/13/13 DS#2 8/19/13!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesugarellie:
    I am on the waiting list at  the goddard school in Smyrna too. So they just randomly added 4-5 more months onto your waiting?? Thats concerning considering I need my LO to start when they said he could start..

This is why we left that Goddard.  DS was in the 2 yr room and we were taking DD to daycare at my office, so TWO daycares.  It was no big deal at first b/c I could nurse her at work so it was actually a good thing.  But after she weaned, we were ready to get them in the same center.  They had promised a spot for her when she turned 1 and then they pushed it back twice... even with the sibling priority!  It was becoming too much of a hassle so we ended up moving both kids up to a center closer to home.  But, if you can get in, its a great school with some great teachers!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure where you are in Smyrna but we live off Cooper Lake Rd and send our son to KRK in Mableton. Don't let the Mableton address throw it off for you. It's a great school with a fabulous owner and director. We have been pleased with our son's care and education.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I live in Alpharetta but commute to Cobb County for work. While DH and I considered Goddard for DS when he started daycare, we ended up going with Primrose. We have been EXTREMELY pleased with the staff, the owners, the curriculum...EVERYTHING. Although we placed him in a Primrose in Alpharetta, the other Primrose parents I've spoken to in others areas have been equally pleased! Another consideration for you may be Creme de la Creme.

GL and welcome!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"