Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Confused and would like opinions

Went back to the Dr today and had yet another ultrasound. I still haven't miscarried yet, and have no spitting or bleeding yet. I'm a teacher and our last day of school is next Friday. She said that I probably won't bleed until after that anyway because of how everything looked on the ultrasound. Anyway, I asked to have a d and c this week, but there weren't any openings and because I have no symptoms, I can go have one. She wrote me a prescription for misoproxil, and I can take that Thursday and hope I finish bleeding by Sunday. I can wait to start bleeding and go to the ER for an emergency d and c... Or just wait... I'm so tired of waiting... Just don't know about taking the meds cause I heard that sometimes it doesn't work or that it's very painful... Would love your thoughts...

Re: Confused and would like opinions

• MollySmMollySm member
    I am a little confused.  If they can't get you in this week, can't they just get you in next week?  I'm sorry for your loss and sorry that they aren't making the decision easy for you.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Having been through each option during my mc... Natural for a week, the pills for 5 days then a d and c. I would call and schedule the d and c for their next available opening. Which I wouldn't see why they couldn't get you in next week. It's an easy outpatient procedure. My experience like a lot of the posts I have read have been an easy procedure with minimal pain and bleeding afterwards. The d and c has helped me move on from the physical part. Now I'm taking the emotional part day by day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I could schedule the procedure for next week, but it's the last week of school and I really don't want to miss any more time! I know that's stupid, but I'm really anal about my job. My students have been so worried about me cause I missed so many days already. Maybe I will wait until the week after...
  • MollySmMollySm member
    If you don't mind the possibility of having it happen naturally, you can always wait until the week after school.  It could start, or you could make it that long and just do the d and c.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I'm a teacher and have had three miscarriages now. I know how you feel about not taking time off work for the kids. I Mc'd naturally for all three and managed to take hardly any time off at all. If you can wait then I suggest wait to take the drugs until your holidays begin. It will take many weeks to mc from the sounds of things anyway...
    Hope you are well and get through this ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"