Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Need suggestions

Uaually when I travel LO sleeping with me, but lately it hasn't been going well, she wakes up multiple times crying. We have been having her nap a few days a week in her pnp to get ready for our Florida vacation in June. LO and I are going on an over night trip a few hours away Saturday night and I'd like her to sleep in her pnp in my room but I'm afraid she will be scared or just cry and cry... Any suggestions on how to go about it? She usually sleeps in her crib through the night at home and has only napped, and short ones at that, in her pnp. Should I stay in the room till she falls asleep? Let her CIO? I don't want her to feel scared or abandoned in a new place...help!

Re: Need suggestions

• Options
    When we stay with my parents, DS has to sleep in a PNP. While he falls asleep on his own at home, for trips I always rock him to sleep. It is tiring b/c he fights it pretty hard. I try to keep his routine about like normal (bottle, pj's, the same two stories, prayer, quiet song) but instead of putting him down awake, I rock him. Some nights it works great. Other nights it he wakes up several times. Be sure to take some kind of white noise if she is used to it. We used the fan on the window A/C and it was fabulous.

• Options
    imageunaveragejane:
    When we stay with my parents, DS has to sleep in a PNP. While he falls asleep on his own at home, for trips I always rock him to sleep. It is tiring b/c he fights it pretty hard. I try to keep his routine about like normal bottle, pj's, the same two stories, prayer, quiet song but instead of putting him down awake, I rock him. Some nights it works great. Other nights it he wakes up several times. Be sure to take some kind of white noise if she is used to it. We used the fan on the window A/C and it was fabulous.

Thanks for the suggestions! I would have forgot our portable noise machine and goodnight moon! I wish I could rock her to sleep but I don't think she's let me, she'd get mad lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just went out of town for the first time since sleep training and I was a bit concerned.  I decided to put her down like I do at home, but if she is crying more than usual (she fusses for 5 minutes tops in her crib) I will go in and put her to sleep with a bottle (which is what we did before sleep training).  I was very surprised, she went right to sleep like she normally does.  We kept everything in her routine the same and she did great.  Maybe try your normal routine but have a back up just in case it does not work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"