Secondary IF

QOTW Edited

Just wanted to mention that I changed the original QOTW in the 2IF Weekly Update.  The previous QOTW was asking about your experience when your DS and/or DD were born.  DS's birth was the happiest day of my life, and I would love to hear about your experiences too.  But it occurred to me that not everyone might feel the same way, so I went ahead and changed it. 

Sorry for any confusion!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: QOTW Edited

• I'm right there with you.  DD's birth was the happiest day of my life.  We didn't know what we were having so it was exciting to finally find out we had a beautiful baby girl.  I had it in my head that my doctor would pull him or her out and say, "It's a girl!" or "It's a boy!"  He did neither and I still harass him about ruining that moment for us.  We were just so happy to hear crying and that we had a healthy baby. Neither of us even thought to ask if it was a boy or a girl.  We didn't know for several minutes, until a nurse said "she's beautiful".  DH and I looked at each other and were both like, "Oh my God - we have a girl!"

I went in to be induced on a Sunday night and didn't start contractions until about midnight.  I tried to tell DH but he was sound asleep on the couch.  Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.  My water broke around 7am, right around the time the nurses were changing shifts... so no one was around to change the wet bad under my - ha ha!  I didn't start progressing though so my doctor came in to check things out around 8am.  I had a band of scar tissue on my cervix from a past surgery that he had to break.  I will say, without a doubt, that was BY FAR the worst pain I've ever felt.  Fortunately, things started moving along after that.  I got the epidural and pushed for about an hour.

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

• I love sharing my DD birth story.  I was just past 37 weeks, and had told DH the day before to make sure his students knew that at any time he might be gone and it would be because our baby was being born.

I had been nesting for a few days before and not getting to bed very early.  That night we were laying down for bed at about 1am, and just as I was about to lay down my water broke.  I didn't have a big gush like the movies, and so wasn't sure that was what had happened until I just kept feeling liquid come out.  I waited until about 4-5am to wake up DH, trying to be nice and let him get a little sleep.  Contractions weren't real regular that I could tell.  When I woke him up and told him it was time, he asked if he could take a shower.  Ha ha, I let him.  Then we drove a little over an hour to get to the hospital.  We moved just after finding out we were expecting and I wanted to stay with my doctor, thus the drive,

I absolutely didn't want an epidural, as I was terrified of the big needle.  So, I did it all natural.  Although, I was given something to help me relax toward the end.  It didn't take away the pain, but allowed me to relax and even doze off between contractions.  Also, since my water already broke and I wasn't progressing, they put me on pitocin.

I think I pushed for like 15 minutes, she came out pretty fast.  And we had our beautiful baby girl!  It was pretty amazing, and I pray God allows us to have that experience again. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I just wanted to say that while I wouldn't have been upset about the question at all, I think it is so kind of you to consider that. I think that the IF community is generally really considerate that not everyone has the perfect experience and you deal with the hand you're dealt. There was a time after DS was born when it would have made me a little sad to read everyone's great experiences. 

The short version of DS birth was that I almost had to deliver just shy of 30 weeks and we luckily made it to 35. I was induced for pre-e and after 30 hours of no real progress, I ended up in an emergency c-section. I was on so many drugs I remember vomiting, being scared and not much else. I know his apgars were bad and they wouldn't tell us what they were. I know he was so much smaller than they expected. I mostly remember what DH caught on video. Looking back of course it's one of the happiest days in our lives for what it symbolizes. It took a little bit of therapy to get there though! LOL 

I hope we get a second chance and that it's a bit less traumatic, but in the end we had a bad situation that could have been so, so much worse. We are very blessed it all worked out. 

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • I really enjoyed reading these.  Thanks for sharing!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"