April 2013 Moms
Options

Another formula question...

On the other post I saw where someone's pedi said not to give LO more than 32oz. in a day. I've heard this numerous times before so it's not surprising. But first question is why? And second is for example what if LO reaches 32 oz a day and what if they would still be hungry? What do you do? This has me scratching my head. TIA 

Re: Another formula question...

• Options

My mom and I were talking the other day about when I was a baby. My pedi told her too much formula could cause kidney problems. Now, that was 27 years ago so I don't know if that's still the case. They also told her to give me sugar water if I still act hungry...

I BF and supplement so it hasn't come up with LO. 

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerandimarie86:

. They also told her to give me sugar water if I still act hungry...

My dad mentioned to me that my sister (born in 1977) had to have a special type of sugar that he had to have ordered at a pharmacy. That had me scratching my head but I never asked what the heck she had to have it for. That makes sense now. I have no idea about the formula and 32 oz. My dr. just said about 4 oz every 3 hours or so was fine and that I could try to start cutting out a feeding in the night for her to sleep through the night. We never discussed it beyond that. Sorry I'm no help.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesilverfanatic:
    imagerandimarie86:

. They also told her to give me sugar water if I still act hungry...

My dad mentioned to me that my sister (born in 1977) had to have a special type of sugar that he had to have ordered at a pharmacy. That had me scratching my head but I never asked what the heck she had to have it for. That makes sense now. I have no idea about the formula and 32 oz. My dr. just said about 4 oz every 3 hours or so was fine and that I could try to start cutting out a feeding in the night for her to sleep through the night. We never discussed it beyond that. Sorry I'm no help.

How old is your LO? Sorry if its in your ticker, I'm on mobile. Just curious.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"