Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommend your travel crib

We are expecting our first near the beginning of June.  As of now I have not invested in a PNP or any other type of travel crib, I'm still trying to weigh the options.

DH and I travel quite a bit.  Most often by car, but also 3-4 flights per year.  Because of this I'm tending to lean away from the traditional PNP and more towards something like the Phil and Teds Traveller or the Baby Bjorn.   

There seems to be a lot of products similar to these on the market and was just curious what some of your favourites are? 

div style="text-align: center;">
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your travel crib

• Options
    sosophsosoph member
    we travel a lot and the bjorn has held up great for us in 2+years. I think that Joovy now makes a similar one that's probably just as good and a little cheaper.
  • Options
    jefkjefk member
    One of our friends has the 4moms Breeze and raves about it.  However, it's heavy and folded up it's pretty big, so we're looking at the Lotus Everywhere Crib - it's lighter, folds smaller, and is $100 cheaper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amiefamief member

imagejefk:
    One of our friends has the 4moms Breeze and raves about it.  However, it's heavy and folded up it's pretty big, so we're looking at the Lotus Everywhere Crib - it's lighter, folds smaller, and is $100 cheaper.

We looked between these two and ended up with the Lotus.  Baby isn't due until Sept so I can't comment on how the baby will like it but we have put it up and down a few times and love that aspect.  It was very easy to put together and take down... and very light/convenient to carry.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    daffy2kdaffy2k member
    Thanks for all the replies.  I hadn't considered the Lotus, but now looking at it online it jus may be the best of both worlds between the Phil and Teds and the Baby Bjorn.  Cheaper than the Bjorn, but easier/faster set up than the Phil and Teds.  
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    RizziBRizziB member
    I have the Baby Bjorn travel crib.  It's definitely easy to set up and lightweight compared to a traditional pack n play.  I don't love it for air travel though because it's too big to carry on and an awkward size to fit in a standard suitcase.  I'm nervous about checking it by itself, but we have a huge suitcase that it will fit in.  If I was traveling mainly by car, I'd love it!
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Options

I have the phil and teds traveller.  I like it.  It takes some time to set up, but DS seems to love it so far.  I was just at a store and saw the bjorn all set up, I like my phil and teds better; mine looks a little bigger when set up and smaller when packed up.

I did travel with it for the first time, since our hotel wouldn't guarantee us a crib; but we didn't have to set it up.  I checked it since I didn't want any hassles if airline said it was too big to carry on, even though advertised as fitting in overhead compartment.  The bad it comes in doesn't seem durable, so I put it in another bag. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"