3rd Trimester
Options

Fathers Day

Any good ideas for Father's Day? I know that this baby will be the best gift he gets, but I want to do a little something in advance since I will likely not be up for shopping at that point.
I plan to help DD do something crafty, but I also wanted to do something since he has been such a great father and husband.
Thanks in advance for any ideas...

ETA: I am almost 40 weeks mobile post so I am not sure if you can see a ticker.

Re: Fathers Day

• Options

It really depends on the needs/wants of the individual. For mother's day DH got me a set of Basq mom & baby body products (branded with the Disney Small World design, which is a favorite of mine) so it was perfect for me. Other moms might not have cared at all about that kind of gift.

For father's day I bought DH the DVD of updated maps for his car's navigation system; his Mercury Mariner is a 2008, which he bought in 2007, so the maps are very out of date. The disks are like $200 from the dealer which is why he's never upgraded it, though I know he wants to, and I found it online for about $60. It's a practical gift, but it also has that tech aspect that (some) dads like.

I'm a firm believer in gifts that can be eaten (and thus are not a tchotchke that will end up taking up space in a drawer or on a shelf somewhere) or something more practical that will make daily life easier for the recipient. Does your DH like sweets? You can get a tin of gourmet popcorn, or chocolates, or cookies, or whatever his "thing" is that he enjoys most. (We always bought a giant box of king size snickers for my dad as a father's day gift, they're his favorite and the box would last him a while.) What does your DH do for a living? If he has a desk job you could get him a personalized note pad, or a desk calendar with a photo of your DD on it, or a pen set (doesn't have to be a fancy Mont Blanc set, the Dr. Grip Gel pen is my favorite thing ever, and costs about $4.) If he spends a lot of time in his car (my DH is a civil engineer and spends a few hours each day driving to job sites) consider a GPS (or map upgrade if he has one), or a converter for the cigarette lighter to plug in a tech device, or a really excellent travel mug. Shutterfly has a lot of well made personalized items (travel mug, cell phone case, etc) and you can have custom notepads or stationary made up on Vista Print or even at your local Staples. Hope this helps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got him goodies to put in his over night bag for the hospital including a shirt that says I make adorable babies. and a daddy's girl frame with a picture of the sonogram in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have just purchased a card and a book about hockey for him to read to our LO. At least I have something incase I can't get out after the baby is born.
  • Options
    CCR630CCR630 member
    I ordered him the cigar package that groupon is running :)
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got him a Dad's Brag book to keep at work after the baby comes and a onesie for the baby that says "Daddy's Little Peanut'.
  • Options
    rissa06rissa06 member
    I got dh tix to a baseball game this yr.  another yr I got him a gift card to play a round of golf.  I try to get him things he can do where he can relax.
  • Options
    I got a set of legos from each of the babies. I know it seems silly but DH is an engineer and has said from day one that babies are an excellent excuse to get his legos back out. He does not mean when they are older either. The boys will have legos as a go to gift for any holiday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"