March 2012 Moms

what a day

decided to goto the park and walmart after work..  figured we could use some fun family time... till some #@%#%@# rear ended us on the way home. luckily traffic was still heavy so she wasn't going TOO fast.. but she still tapped us pretty hard and set the lil man off crying unconsolably for a good half hour.  We were at a complete stop when she hit us so it was totally unexpected.

He seems fine now and the fireman/paramedic told us to keep an eye on him for any unusual behavior, but that we had a really good seat and he should be fine.  He said it wasn't enough of a collison to compromise the seat and that he was just probably scared by the bang and sudden movement.  I checked the Britax site and it seems they consider it a minor incident and no loss of integrity to the seat safety, which was my main concern after making sure the munchkin was ok.  I would hate to have him in a more serious accident with a dodgy seat.

She didnt even ask  if he was ok when she was stood next to our car,  I guess I should be greatful she has insurance. The last one who hit hubby didnt, even tho he had an insurance card he had renewed and lapsed so we had to foot the excess of our uninsured motorist coverage... and they knew all his details and still couldnt recover the costs.

Would you believe she told hubby and the police she couldn't hit the break because of her shoes.. WTF.. lady keep some flats in your damned car if you can't drive safely in heels.

We got him home and settled while we watched him to see if he was reacting as usual.. he got to play with his new $6 golf clubs form Walmart, had a snack and a bath and then we went for a quick car ride to see how he would react to being back in his car seat, he was so unhappy in it earlier ...

... it went fine and he is now snoozin in his crib.  He has a pedi appt on friday so I'll have them check him over anyway, but so far he seems fine and just a bit rattled by it all and we didn't ewant to drag him in for a checkup and stress him out more unless something seemed amiss.

Momma needs a shot or three  Zip it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what a day

• WipzWipz member
    imageExcited30:
    I am so glad that you and your precious family are ok.  What an all around crappy thing to happen and ruin a good day.  The reason that lady hit you, sounds like the same kind of reason the lady rear ended me while I was pregnant, she was brushing her hair and didn't look up at the light to see it was red :/

Yup, that is the important part.. everything else can be replaced and my extra gray hairs can be covered up ...although I'm not sure I feel like another Walmart trip for hair dye anytime soon lol
  • Oh man that sucks! I'm glad everyone is safe. I actually just read on a carseat board that I follow that feeling achey or pain the next day counts as an injury. Most carseats recommend replace if there is an injury. Should be covered under insurance if that is the case.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • WipzWipz member

yeah but luckily no one was hurt and insurance or not if I thought that seat wasn't safe I'd replace it in a heartbeat depsite the price making my eyes water the first time round haha.  Can't put a price on the lil guys safety and at a 25 cents a day ( considering it should last at leats 4 years )... I'd be some kinda asshat at complaining. 

I think it was just the shock of the bang and impact as we were all just chilling on the way home and I was in the back seat with him, but we'll definitely keep an eye on him since he can't exactly tell us if he is sore or not.  First thing we did when we got home was strip him neked and check for marks to see if the seat harness had left an impression and he was fine in that regard.  Hell I even refused to take him out of the car seat till the paramedic told me to, which was so frickin hard because he was crying and upset and I just wanted to cuddle him and make it all better.  

Needless to say the local PD and fire dept got to listen to me singing a very off tune version of the muppets Mahna Mahna song Embarrassed   if you don't know it.. youtube search it .. then envision a 43 yr old woman with tattoos doing this in the back seat of a car with a screaming baby... I just hope the dash cam or lapel cams weren't running or I may find myself on youtubeHuh?

There was no way I was going to risk moving him after an accident and causing permanent damage.  sorry that is one of my pet peeves.. if the *** aint gonna blow up, fall of a cliff or therwise be an imminent threat .. DON'T move accident victims.

• Glad everyone is OK!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That must have been so scary!  I am glad you are all OK!
  • Oh that's scary! I'm so glad you guys are ok!  I would be so mad if somebody crashed into me because they can't figure out how to drive responsibly in their shoes.

• WipzWipz member

I would imagine that was an excuse because she didnt want to admit to texting and driving or something equally lame.  We see that crap all the time round here and not just when people are stopped at lights, actually driving

... I just want to wind my window  down and shout "get off the F'in phone @#%$@#% "  or "do your makeup at home..."

I never have understood why people are in such a hurry to die.. ok so you are late for work, late for a date, dinner is waiting.. whatever but that don't matter worth a *** if you dont get there at all. 

Fashionably late is better than fashionably dead in my book.. and if you are in such a hurry to die. don't be selfish and risk other peoples lives ...go hit a brick wall somewhere.

sorry dumb people piss me off lol and my tolerance levels for STUPID are not very high lately.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"