November 2012 Moms
Options

Broken pump vent

So I have noticed the last 6 weeks a serious decrease in auction from my pump. It has been happening somewhat gradually, but this week it has taken me double the time to pump 2 to 3 oz normally I pump 4 to six. I know it is not may supply since my breasts never feel empty and I can gently compress after pumping and have milk to flying across the room. They are overnighting me a new unit, but until then I'm afraid of the impact this sad excuse for pumping will have on my supply! Tell me it will recover? I am trying to keep things going by nursing every. 2 hours when I'm home with cj and pumping as unproductive as it is in between, but while I'm at work there isn't much I can do. Help! Tell me my supply will recover?! I've worked so hard to get this far!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Broken pump vent

• Options
    I'm not sure what kind of pump you have but have you tried replacing the membranes? If there are tears in them that old really reduce the suction.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to suggest checking the membranes also. I've had two rip recently, the first time I thought my pump was broken and freaked out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an ameda. This was my third attempt at replacing the valves and I also replaced any other part I thought might be the culprit. Today I called and after some troubleshooting they are overnighting me a new pump. They think it is the unit itself and after some research I found that after a few months heavy use this is a common problem. Ugh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not to add salt to the wound...but I have both a Medela pump n style and an ameda....and the Medela  is far superior to the ameda in suction and yield.  (The ameda was free with health insurance).  If it continues just FYI....

Sorry this is happening... 

Me:36, DH:37

DS born 11/2012

BFP 7/26/14, Missed M/C at 8 weeks, discovered at 10 wks, 6 days, D&C 9/22/14, Dx: Partial molar pregnancy

• Options
    GargitaGargita member
    Can you pick up a manual pump to use in the meantime?  

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"