Babies: 0 - 3 Months

baby hair falling out

So my son is almost a month and the hair on top of his head is falling out.. is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Re: baby hair falling out

• I don't think so, it is your hormones leaving his body.

Just like your excess hair will fall out too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JenniD2JenniD2 member

No, there really isn't anything you can do. LO's hair will come back soon.

DS lost a bit of hair in his first month, but it is just now starting to come back.

• Loading the player...
  • Nope. DD1 was born with a full head of hair and was bald by 3 months. DD2 lost less but still had very little hair at 3 months. DD3 so far hasn't lost much hair. I'm hoping she is done losing.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • lkm2006lkm2006 member
    DS1 was born with dark dark hair. It had all fallen out by 3 months and started coming back at 5 months.. Blonde!

Now at almost 20 months, his hair is white.

DS2 was born with a ton of black hair and this past month it's fallen out a lot, especially on the top. I'm anxious to see if it stays dark or changes color.

Basically, baby hair means nothing haha!

• tilsonctilsonc member

Use rogaine. HA! I keep wondering if LO's hair is going to fall out, but it keeps getting longer and thicker. I have a ton of hair on my head so she must take after her mommy. :)

• aibreanaibrean member
    It's completely normal for babies to grow out and then lose their birth hair. It'll come back and be permanent :)
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was born with a small amount of reddish brown hair. Around 6 weeks it started falling off from the top. It is still kind of thick around the neck and midway up his head (kind of looks like an old man who is bald on top and has hair on the sides and back lol). However, the hair that is gone on top is coming back blonde.

My mom says it is completely normal, as most babies lose the hair they are born with. Don't worry! It will grow back :) 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"