C-sections
Options

Anyone else get sick after c section?

Hi ladies, 

I had my c section 10 days ago and have been experiencing a low grade fever and pretty severe diarrhea.  I spoke to my ob today and he said he's not concerned as long as my fever is low. Said that the diarrhea may just be my body trying to get back to normal from magnesium, antibiotics, and all the trauma. But I have been soooo sick to my stomach and zero appetite. It feels like a stomach bug, only I know it's not because it comes and goes over the last week or so inconsistently. 

Anyone else experience anything like this or could it be unrelated to the surgery?

Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else get sick after c section?

• Options
    meg1974meg1974 member

I had a low grade fever after my first c/s, but no stomach issues. 

It's possible that it is a virus, even if it's inconsistent. My daughter had the same thing a few weeks ago, and several others told me their kids had the same experience. She would be fine one day and throwing up the next, on and off for about four days.

I hope you feel better soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I started having flu like symptoms vomiting, chills, fainting, exhaustion about day 4 after my Csection. I happened to still be in the hospital so the doctor was there monitoring me everyday. It turns out that my iron had gotten really low after the surgery and my body couldn't get levels back to normal. I ended up receiving a blood transfusion which made me immediately feel better. Apparently I became anemic in the 3rd trimester and remained that way.

Hopefully this isn't the case for you, but I know any info helps. Hope you feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had horrible stomach issues until almost 3 weeks PP, I never checked for fever. I  really think all the drugs they use threw my system off, I'm feeling much better now but I still struggle with lack of appetite, its coming back a little bit but it;s nothing like it normally is. Hopefully your's passes soon as well!
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"