Late Term and Child Loss

CoWorkers

Just have to vent this morning. There were 3 of us expecting in my office 3 of us were pregnant and the 4th is a guy whose wife was pregnant. His wife had the baby in April. He came into the office today and announced that she is bringing the baby in to visit this morning. I feel like crying. As if I don't have enough constant reminders around here! I feel like strangling both his wife and him.

Thanks for letting me get that out!

Ava's Story
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: CoWorkers

• P.S. The Bump on mobile does not like hyphens or other weird characters! Hmm...

Ava's Story

• That sucks.  I'm sorry. Yet another reason I'm glad I work from home.  At least you have a heads up instead of her just showing up.  Can you maybe take your lunch break or something while the baby is there and maybe have a co-worker call you when it's safe to come back?

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I plan to leave the office when she arrives. Hopefully it coincides with my lunch. But if not, I am still not staying here! Ugh reminders are the worst!!!

Ava's Story

• People suck I am so sorry. Hide if you need to I would too. Good luck.
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Strangle away. I have those days too. When ppl bring there babies around me, I just say that's nice and walk away. If they can't figure it out, then they are dumb. I am so bitter these days, I'm telling you. Some lady showed me her kid, and asked if he was the cutest thing you had ever seen, and I told her my Henry was cuter. Ugh, I probably could of handled that better, but oh well. Sorry you have to go through this today? Can you close your office door and ask that they don't knock? Or take a break and go get a slurpee at the local 711? 
  • I can't even imagine. I am sure my poor husband will be running into a similar situation in the next couple of months. There are 3 pregnant women in his office, one due a few weeks before we were and two a few weeks after. I don't know how he will do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

danielparkerbell.tumblr.com
  • I work in an office of five, and one of my coworkers had a baby in November 2011. After losing Devon in August 2012, she didn't bring her baby around until after 2013 rolled around, just out of courtesy for me. I was so grateful. Sometimes, people just don't think, and that sucks.

I hope you can get away. I wouldn't want to be there, either. *hugs*

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is so hard! I had a coworker ask me the other day at the copier "you're due in August right?" It was a shock, I have been back at work for over a month and my best friend worked in the office and she really tried to get the word out when we lost our daughter that we had lost the baby and that was why I was out for 4 weeks. The coworker who asked me felt horrible I am sure when I said we had lost the baby at the end of march. I would be 29 weeks but delivered at 20w 4d...there is no way I look like I am in my third trimester. Also my best friend who I work with was due the week after we lost Alice. It actually wasn't painful to see and hold her baby, I knew she was pregnant before I ever became pregnant, she went through IVF to get her sweet baby, but I found it insensitive that the same people who avoided me when I returned to work due to their being uncomfortable would seek me out to ask about my friend and her baby etc etc. at least offer me an "I'm sorry for your loss" before wanting to gush about my friend's healthy live take home baby. Big big hugs to you!
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • so sorry you are having to deal with this.  some people just don't get it.

I would definitely excuse yourself from the building for a little bit..even if it doesn't coincide with your lunchbreak.

my boss just annouced his wife is pregnant (at 5 weeks!!!) 2 days after I came back from my second loss in two months.  work has become a nightmare for me.  ughhhhh!  ((HUGS)) to you today.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• I'm sorry, I hope you were able to get away when they came in.  There is another woman in my office that is pregnant, she is about 3-4 weeks further than I should be.  I dread when she has the baby and brings him or her in.

The other day she was walking by and someone stopped her and asked how mama was doing, then today I walked by the kitchen and I heard her talking about a friend of hers who is 35 weeks along.

The rational side of me says she is allowed to enjoy her own pregnancy and I can't expect everyone to never talk about pregnancy or babies...but the irrational side of me just wants to punch them all in the face for daring to talk about it around me, even if they don't know I'm walking by.

Hugs to you.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"