Minnesota Babies
Options

Renting an RV and carseats?

We have a family reunion with the in-laws waaaaaay up in northern Manitoba next summer and we were toying with the idea of renting an RV to make the 1000 mile one way trip a little easier on my terrible little car riders. Air travel is out of the question as tickets are $1350 a piece. We would split the cost of the RV with my SIL and BIL and also my MIL. So we would have 5 adults and 5 kids aged 12, 8, 4, 3, and 2. Does anyone know the regulations on car seats in RVs? I can't find any definite info online. Is it even possible with that many kids?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Renting an RV and carseats?

• Options
    I believe that carseats can not be used in RV's because the seats are not bolted to the vehicle frame and they do not face forward. I would ask on the Facebook group 'car seats for the littles', there are lots of people who could answer for sure.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would love to know what you find out, We have toyed with this idea for later in the summer just to go up north and had wondered if we could do it. 
  • Options
    What type of motor home do you plan on renting? Jaycos have the proper child restraints for car seats. Otherwise check with your local fire/police station & they could probably help you out as well. You could always try GoRVing.com too?!?!?! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"