December 2012 Moms
Options

Early riser

My LO keeps waking up earlier and earlier. His new thing is waking up at 5:30 which is really tough on me. Any adivce on how to get him to sleep later? We've tried earlier bedtimes at 6:30 and later bedtimes at 7:30. Nothing has mae a differnece and he keeps waking up earlier.

His naps are a little better these days with 3 naps a day.

Also, he's waking up way more at night. He used to wake up 1 or 2 times a night and now it's 3 or 4 or more times.

Could all this be explained by teething and there's nothing I can do?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Re: Early riser

• Options
    jac409jac409 member
    My LO has been waking up earlier lately too.  She does STTN though, so at least we've got that going for us.  Honestly, I just let her lay there and talk to herself and usually she will eventually go back to sleep.  I just have to completely ignore her, which is so hard becuase she is so cute and happy and just wants me to play with her.  But, I know if she doesn't go back to sleep, she will be a bear all day because she's tired.  Sorry I don't have better advice.  You're not alone!
  • Options
    Is LO happy when he wakes up or is he crying?  DS used to get up around 5:00-5:30.  Never crying just chatting, smacking his lips, etc.  One morning I was just getting over having the stomach flu and still so tired, so I didn't get him when he first woke and he went back to sleep until a little after 6:00.  Now every morning he wakes up, talks to himself for 5 minutes or so and goes back to sleep for another 45 min.  Maybe try that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"