Natural Birth

What to ask at 1st appointment?

I go to the doctor in 2 days and need to know what to ask my doctor. I m/c in February if that matters. I want to go natural and labor at home as long as possible. Because of insurance I will be birthing at a hospital that is less than a mile from my house. This is the only hospital in the county and there aren't any midwives in my county. What do I need to ask? TIA. 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: What to ask at 1st appointment?

• Just tell your doctor your plans and ask them if they can support them.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageElbug:
    imagejoules235:

Hypnobabies has some great guidelines for having the birth you want in the hospital.

Homebirth in the hospital  by Stacey Marie Kerr and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin are wonderful books with tons of great info about getting the birth experience you want.

I 2nd letting them know in advance what you want and see what their reaction is.  Also hypnobabies and these two books are really really REALLY great.   

Thank you ladies. I don't want to be the woman that comes in on the first apt. and telling them what I want for delivery. I was afraid that I would get side eyed. I guess I should tell them a general idea.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • vcabbywvcabbyw member
    imagerainbwbby1:
    imageElbug:
    imagejoules235:

Hypnobabies has some great guidelines for having the birth you want in the hospital.

Homebirth in the hospital  by Stacey Marie Kerr and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin are wonderful books with tons of great info about getting the birth experience you want.

I 2nd letting them know in advance what you want and see what their reaction is.  Also hypnobabies and these two books are really really REALLY great.   

Thank you ladies. I don't want to be the woman that comes in on the first apt. and telling them what I want for delivery. I was afraid that I would get side eyed. I guess I should tell them a general idea.  

I interviewed my midwife team for an hour and a half. Unpaid. They asked me what I wanted and expected. They also asked my husband how he felt, and his expectations.

Never feel guilty for trying to find a provider that can meet your expectations, they work for you. A good doctor wont be annoyed by your concerns or questions. And if they are, it will be much easier to say goodbye to a particular doctor now, instead of in the third trimester. Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"