February 2012 Moms
Options

OMG we had a nearly tear free bath

So yesterday my Mister was washing the car and I was just sitting around with the kiddo. I realized he hadn't had a bath in over a week. We'd been on vacation and he spent a few days with my ILs. So I changed things up.

Timothy loves to put his hands in water. Sidenote: our vacation place had these awesome water fountains and water spouts to play with. They also had a 1 foot wadding pool which he played in a ton.

So while I filled the tub I ran some cold water so he could put his hands in it outside of the tub. Then I threw in all his bath toys. And I started playing with them in the tub. Some of them squirt so I was squirting him. Then I just lifted him up (he was already nekkid) and put him in. Same panic reaction. He started to cry. So I just pulled him out. We kept playing and I would push the toys against the opposite side of the tub so he'd want to get in and get them. And blamo! He tried to get into the tub himself. He wouldn't sit in the tub he had to stand. And he's so stubborn he'd do a catchers sit in the tub where he's be kneeling down butt still not touching the tub. He played for FORTY Minutes. I kept pinching myself.

This morning when he came in to bathroom he pointed to the tub saying "Agua, Agua". So I think I might try another bath tonight just to see if I can get him to finally sit down in the tub and play. He was even so happy after the bath. Usually that's when he stops crying but is still so upset. I can barely get his diaper on him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG we had a nearly tear free bath

• Options
    That's awesome!! Good thinking, Mars! I hope tonight works just as well :)

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nattyknattyk member
    That's awesome, and what great and quick thinking on your part!  I hope that tonight goes well.  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! So glad he is making progress! 
  • Options
    Mar5195Mar5195 member
    Another successfully bath time! He got mad when I pulled him out. But he pulled the plug and the water was gone. :. Happy Mama!
  • Options

imageMar5195:
    Another successfully bath time! He got mad when I pulled him out. But he pulled the plug and the water was gone. :. Happy Mama!

Yay! Glad to hear he's coming around :) DD used to hate the bath until we made it play time, and now you can't get her out of there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"